Starting Monday, October 19th. Need meal prep advice for traveling!

abovetheclouds

Hey all! I am starting my first Whole30 on the 19th. After reading "It Starts With Food" and doing some research I am very motivated to get started. I've cleaned out my pantry and will be going grocery shopping on Sunday.

The hardest part for me is my career. I travel about 20 days out of the month and do not have access to ovens or even microwaves most of the time! I take a food bag on my trips and can keep food cold with ice and sometimes refridgerators. I am looking for some advice and/or ideas of what to take on my trips to stay Whole30 compliant while on the road. I usually travel for 3 days at a time and am only home sometimes 1 night in between trips. What's the best kinds of veggies/meals to take that will last and not get mushy? I have been taking a lot of grilled chicken and fruits like grapes, apples, tomatoes, cuties, etc. but looking to take more vegetables and find some new ideas. Thanks!!

• Moderators

For your protein you could add canned fish like tuna. Obvious vegetables would be raw carrots, celery, jicama, bell pepper, snap or snow peas. Since you can keep it fairly cold, you could also do things like Belly Dance Beet Salad or Velvety Butternut Squash Casserole (this one is good heated up or cold). You could probably even do egg casseroles or frittatas. For fat sources, you could look for individual sized servings of guacamole (Wholly Guacamole makes some varieties that are compliant, just read your labels), and if you don't want to mess with jars or cans of olives, I've seen individual serving size packs of them as well.

You might also want to google Whole30 on the road , or maybe Whole30 travel, to find past discussions on this topic. I know it's been discussed before.

Archived