blood pressure improvements, but too much?

I am on Day 30 of my first Whole30. I went to the doctor today for something (hopefully) unrelated. When they took my blood pressure, they and I felt sure there must be a mistake! So they re-did it manually and got similar results. My bp has gone down significantly from my old normal.

The problem is, I already had normal bp! Now it's borderline low! Was reliably 100/60. Now I'm reading as low as 85/48 (manual reading had me at 90/54)! Crazy!

I'm not feeling any side effects from having low bp, so I don't think it is unhealthy, just an unexpected result of doing the Whole30! Has anyone else see an improvement?

this isn't unusual. One thing i would recommend is to make sure you are salting your food generously and are adequately hydrated.

Once we eliminate processed foods, we do need to add some salt back in--ideally a high quality sea salt (Celtic or Himalayan are good options). Although it is great that you aren't experiencing any issues with the low BP, I would still be a little cautious and take some steps to bring it back up a bit.

Archived