What am I gonna do?

toughiemama

Some friends have invited us over for lunch on Sunday, and we said sure, love to! Then it hit me today, that's day 27 for me, I won't be done yet! I have no idea what we'll be eating or if it will be compliant. So close to the end! What am I going to do??? I don't want to be rude.

• Moderators

Call and talk to your friends. Explain what you need, and see what it is they're planning on cooking. If they're doing something where they can set aside a serving of things without sauces or marinades, great -- have them do that. Offer to bring a dish to share, so you know you have at least one thing that you can eat. Or explain what you're doing, that you're really close to the end of it and don't want to mess it up, so you'll be bringing your own meal. I would tell them beforehand, so they know what's going on.

Do you think you could offer to bring a salad (either just veggies or with protein as a main meal type thing) and/or fruit and veggie tray? You could give them the heads up that you are trying out "this thing called the Whole30, and so I have to be picky at the moment with what I eat". You could go and eat the food you prepared, and just focus on having a good time? What do you think their reaction would be?

Archived