Travelling to Cuba all inclusive resort

natathia

Help! I am on day 36 (delayed reintroduction because of upset digestive system) and in about two weeks I am going to Cuba on my honeymoon at an all inclusive resort. Which wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't recently discovered I'm the low fodmap stream of Whole30. I am not sure when to start my reintroductions because I have a strong feeling I'm going to get very sick from it. How am I supposed to hold in my food if it's all rice, beans and guacamole but I can't eat those things!

When I was in Cuba (quite a few years ago!) there was A LOT of rice, and A LOT of recycled food which ended up in salads the next day (and sometimes the following day too....)

I would probably focus on re-introing dairy & sugar for now along with non gluten grains and that way you should be able to find enough variety to keep you satiated whilst keeping it interesting.

Opt for freshly cooked everything - at every meal!! Where I stayed there was an omelette area at breakfast time and for other meals they grilled steaks, fish etc to order right in front of you - just be very picky about what you put on the side.

Good luck for the wedding & enjoy those mojitos!!!  :wub:

Archived