Recipe for Homemade Greek Dressing? (Creamy type)

nomad2224

Hi Guys, I am heading into Saturday night where we will be ordering in Greek food. I am having a simple chicken brochette (compliant - checked with the kitchen) and a simple salad (lettuce, tomatoes, onions), no Feta. However, I know the creamy-style house greek dressing from the restaurant will not be compliant (almost certain it contains mayo & sugar).

I would love to find a recipe for a creamy style of greek salad dressing...something whole30 compliant.

To make it creamy, I'll assume I'll need some homemade basic mayo, which I do have on hand (made last Sunday).

Does anyone have any recipes for this to share. I am looking for a dressing that has a bit of a tanginess to it.

Thanks!

post-81252-0-61477000-1447517880_thumb.j

Are you talking about tzatziki?

This is actually made from yoghurt, garlic, vinegar, cucumber, salt & optional mint (I made it in batches of 10litres at a time when I lived out there!) so you're not really going to get that flavour from a mayo base. You *could* find a compliant coconut yoghurt though and use that as your base...

No, not tzatziki, but thanks for answering! I really would love some of that as well...but alas, without the yogurt I'm afraid it would be a far cry from my favorite greek dip :)

This is more of an actual dressing...not super thick...it's sort of like a tangy & sweet house dressing with greek flavoring (oregano, pepper, garlic)...

thanks, I continue a search online and see what I can find, just thought someone here might already have found a good recipe.

There are a few I can think of....

One would be a potato based one (skordalia) with egg, a tonne of garlic lemon juice & olive oil, or one made from roasted aubergines where the inside is pureed again with double cream, milk, butter, nutmeg & parsley - not compliant obviously but you *might* be able to do something with ghee here...

Or there is one that is often served with dolmades & is made using separated eggs, lemon juice, dill & parsley - this kind of thickens up like a mayo type thing? This could well be it and I do have recipe for it somewhere....

Archived