Today is Day 1 of my Whole30 journey!

MrsHughes14

Hi everyone!  Today is my first day on the Whole30!  I spent about 2 weeks doing extensive research and thinking about how I could work this into my life during the holidays, and also not make it too complicated since I'm the only one in my family that is doing it.  So far, so good!  I'm not new to clean eating, as I generally eat pretty well.  I've done plans like this before, but nothing that cuts out dairy, sugar, and grains compltely.  I'm interested to see how I do!  After lots of Thanksgiving debauchery, and feeling like garbage, I'm excited to kick this sugar addiction and detox my body! 

I'm a mom, a wife, a full time grad school student, and also work out 4-5 days a week (depending on the demands of field work and my course load).  I'm interested in seeing how my workouts will be effected by this new way of eating.  For the last 8 years I have always eaten a piece of bread with peanut butter or almond butter and some sort of fruit before my workouts, and now I'm a little confused as to what I should have for fuel pre-workout since I can't do bread or fruit.  Tomorrow before my run, I'm going to have a scoup of almond butter and see how that works out.  Does anyone have any good pre-workout fueling suggestions?

Thanks!! :)

Hey MrsHughes  :)

The recommendation for preWO is a lean protein & fat so a hardboiled egg is a good option as it provides both, other options would be say some chicken & mayo/olives/guac...

PostWO we recommended a lean protein & optional starchy carb, no fat. The favourite is chicken & sweet potato, but any lean protein will work.

Pre & PostWO meals need only be a few bites & should be in addition to your three template meals.

Some people cope fine without the preWO, depending on when their last meal, was so this is something you can play around with - don't skip the postWO though as your  muscles will not be happy & recovery will be much slower.

Good luck!

Archived