Hi! Starting Saturday, September 15

eaglesfanintn

Hi,

A friend of mine (and running buddy) has turned me on to the program. He's about 2 weeks into it and has had a lot of success so I'm on board!

I plan on starting on Saturday - I have what I need for breakfast and then plan on doing shopping that morning for meals.

My story, in a nutshell....A little over 2 years ago, I weighed in at a hefty 285 pounds. I started eating "right" and exercising. In a pretty short amount of time, I was under 200. My lowest weight was about 196. And, I ran my first marathon in March - 9 months after starting my program.

Since then, I've run 2 more marathons and I'm training for my fourth. That's the good news. The bad news is, I've fallen back into bad eating habits. If I wasn't still running 40+ miles/week, I'd be back up to my starting weight. The problem is that I let unhealthy foods sneak back into my diet and now I'm as addicted to the "crap" as I was before.

I'm hoping that with a little will power and a lot of meal planning and eating right, I can get back down below 200 and be in the best shape of my life!

I'm really excited to start - tired of clothes that were lose getting tight again and my workouts being harder than they should be.

I'm sure I'll have lots of questions so I plan on using the forums to the fullest!

Cheers!

Scott Smith

Cordova, TN

First congrats on all your success ! Running half marathons take a very stong person!! Thats excellent! Good luck with you whole30 challenge.. I am 8 days in and feel awesome! the first few days were an adjustment. I had trouble with falling a sleep and staying a sleep , i was a little more tired and a slight headache. I also had a pretty big gum habit ( a pack a day LOL) so i got a little dry mouth BUT i'm happy to report those are all gone! I have taken control of my eatting in just 8 short days! Take it one day at a time and plan plan plan :) It's always great to have left overs for days your running behind! Best of luck and I look foward to hearing about your progress :)

Archived