Starting 1 January and nervous

cjiggetts

Hi everyone, My name is Carina and I happened to find out about whole 30 by looking online for weight loss tips. I got the book and read it all in 1 day and many things are making sense and I think that is why I need to do whole 30. I am starting Friday January 1st. I know very cliché doing it on the 1st and on the new year but this will be my year. I have struggled with my weight since I had my first child in 2008 and never got the weight off completely and then had another kid in 2013. I have struggled since. I have tried countless stupid diets, I let the scale define me and determine my mood and I am tired of this crap food (sugar, bread, etc) weighing me down both physically and emotionally. I am scarred and nervous that I will fail already because it seems that is all I do when it comes to getting this weight off. I am overweight-not the biggest but definitely not where I want to be. I am 5'7, 190lbs and that is too much for my frame and for my well-being. I am hoping to get ahold of my emotions, ditch the scale mentality, and get healthy once and for all. I would also like to fix my acne issue (I have been breaking out bad since I have been eating crappy during the holidays), loosen my jeans, fix my emotions and constant battle of thinking of bad food and cravings, clear my mind, and feel good about myself.

This is kind of like a last resort for me. I am sick and tired of being sad everyday because of how I look. I must take control of my health and I think this is the solution.

Wish me luck.

Any tips? Also I love salad but none of the salad dressing recipes I have found sound appealing. Anyone know any that are super yummy and easy to make?

Welcome, Carina!

One day at a time, one meal at a time - you can do this!

There are LOTS of yummy salad dressings.

Some in this article: http://whole30.com/2014/10/best-whole30-recipes-sauces-dressings-dips-oh/

Check this link on Mel Joulwan's website: http://meljoulwan.com/category/recipes/sauces/

Others in these threads:
http://forum.whole30.com/topic/10379-salad-dressings-whats-your-favorite/

Easiest way to search the forum is from google. Type forum.whole30.com:  followed by whatever you're looking for, and you'll get links to past discussion threads.

Hi Carina,

Your story sounds all too familiar to me. Have been struggling with my weight since 2012 pregnancy and it has been yo-yoing ever since.

On the salad dressing part - I've tried making my own mayo this week and was surprised by how easy it actually is. With some freshly cut herbs or jalapeños I'm looking forward to experiment!

Anxious yet excited to start, but let's keep each other motivated!

If you hate to make your own salad dressing, (it really isnt that hard and the mayo is delicious and easy), Bolthouse makes a balsamic vinagrette with all compliant ingredients.  You will need to add a little olive oil or just mix it with the mayo to get enough fat.  It has no sugar and a little pineapple juice for sweetening.  I don't know if Bolthouse is a national company or just northwest regional.

Hi Carina, I'm starting the day after you and am nervous as well.  I've had the post-pregnancy problem myself.  Gain 50, lose 40.  Sounds reasonable until you have 4 children.  And its gone up a bit from there because I'm a stress eater.  4 kids = stress.....lots of it.  But often happy - I don't mean to complain about my children.  We all lead crazy hectic lives.  

I know I'm addicted to sugar in all of its insidious forms and breaking the habit is going to be incredibly difficult.  There's going to be a lot of brain chemistry going on.  Best thing to do is plan meals several days out and then take each day minute by minute.  With lots of distractions.   You've birthed a child....two of them!  You can do this!!

Mixing salad greens with an avocado mashed with lemon or lime makes for a quick decent salad.  

Hello, 

I am starting my first Whole 30 on January 1st, tomorrow,  as well. I read the Whole 30 book and it made sense to me. I am addicted to sugar and love sweets! I am excited, nervous, and a little scared to start. Here's to the next 30 days starting tomorrow! 

Archived