Started today

ArielE

Frexited? (Frightened + Excited) . . . me, too! I hope you love the Whole30 ... I tried it a couple years back and only made it 15 days because it was way too overwhelming for me to cut out all the dairy and sugar I was consuming. But I'm starting from a much healthier place now, having been regularly making much more health-conscious decisions leading up to it. I've had incessant sinusitis all year long, though, and have never suffered from allergies or anything like this level of congestion and ick in my life. So I'm really looking forward to figuring out what's causing it and/or making it worse!

What have you eaten so far today? Focus on the deliciousness, and VARIETY of all the good-for-you foods, above all else, and you'll make it! 

I am not a coffee drinker, just haven't ever liked the flavor or scent, but I absolutely love tea. I went through my stash a couple of days ago and was super pleased to see that it was all compliant! See, just trying the Whole30 changed how I look at ingredients and what I buy and have in my house, even years later!

• Administrators

Breastfeeding first-timer here, started today. Anybody got tips on how to deal with cooking separately for a house full of unsupportive, skeptical family? I feel overwhelmed and unsure of myself.

I would start out by NOT cooking separately for them.  Cook meals that you can eat but which they can add things to.  Such as hamburgers where you will have without the bun but they can have with. Spaghetti sauce where they have it on noodles and you have it over roasted green beans or squash.  Stir fry that they have on rice but that you just have extra veggies with.  Soups where you throw avocado on top and they have it with a grilled cheese.  Omelettes that they sprinkle cheese on and you don't.  

Archived