Aussie Whole30

praxisproject

ooh, what's this Frank's red hot stuff then? Is it local? 

It's actually an American sauce, but I've found quite a few stores locally that have it.

It's used in making buffalo wings, so anywhere that has a BBQ/bloke sort of section may have it.

You only want the original as the other ones can have a lot of junk in them: https://www.franksredhot.com/products/original-cayenne-pepper-sauce/

Ingredients should be: Aged Cayenne Red Peppers, Distilled Vinegar, Water, Salt And Garlic Powder

A place that has it might also have Cholula http://www.cholula.com/flavors.html

The Original one is okay, the Chipotle one is NOT.

If you see either in tiny bottles, grab them as they're great to take to a restaurant to have with steak :)

Do not decant them into anything, the vinegar tends to ruin plastics and metals, glass would be okay, but they never have glass tops ;)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 5

Meal 1:

Huge bag of kale, pan fried with duck fat, olive oil and a Spanish onion.

Mixed in 4 eggs. I thought it would come out more like a scramble but it didn't.

Not sure if I'm really eating 4 eggs as I cooked it in a big pan and quite a bit seemed stuck on the bottom.

Organic panama passionfruit mixed with coconut butter

Tea: English Tea Shop - Pomegranate Green Tea

Supplements: Yes (1 litre of water)

Drink: Mojo Kombucha - Blueberry & Ginger Bliss (did this make me less hungry? ^_^ )

Meal 3 (later than usual, wasn't hungry, lost track of time):

My favourite (and quick!) beef red curry, made with grassfed King Island beef strips, Birds Eye Shanghai frozen veggies, Ayam Coconut Cream, Aroy-D Red Curry Paste and some roasted pumpkin cubes which I made earlier.

Supplements: Yes

A general note for myself in case I throw out the jar and forget what it's called, my new ghee is Pepe Saya and it's made from cultured butter.

Not sure if that's why I like it so much but I need to get a new jar (actually, several jars lol) this weekend as it's basically empty! I've tried about 6 or 7 other ghees and one I threw out as it was horrible (stored in plastic, which I hate). This one is outstanding.

Day 6

Meal 1:

Cold leftover beef curry from Day 5 (I have come to love cold red beef curry for breakfast)

Having a bigger than usual breakfast today as my lunch will be a little late.

Pan fried organic banana (last of the on sale bananas)

Tea: English Tea Shop - Pomegranate Green Tea

My blood sugar numbers are already back to their best *sigh* thanks Whole30, feel so much better already.

I think I'm through the detox phase fully now, woke up before my alarm, wide awake :D

Meal 3:

Fresh cold pineapple

Leftover beef curry, cold

Drink: Schweppes Natural Infusion Mineral Water - Raspberry with a few fresh raspberries

My cortisol is now normal (HUGE YAY!  :wub: ), the only thing off now is my DHEA, which is very low (should be 15, is <1 :blink: )

I'm getting retested after my Whole30 is finished and see how it is as the cortisol has corrected much quicker than I expected (which means I'm allowed to have coffee again).

A general note for myself in case I throw out the jar and forget what it's called, my new ghee is Pepe Saya and it's made from cultured butter.

Not sure if that's why I like it so much but I need to get a new jar (actually, several jars lol) this weekend as it's basically empty! I've tried about 6 or 7 other ghees and one I threw out as it was horrible (stored in plastic, which I hate). This one is outstanding.

Pepe Saya make the best butter!!! Reminds me of French butter (which is surely the best in the world), good to know about their ghee, will seek it out!

Yeah I went to the Mornington one. I had been wanting to go there for years but it is a bit of a drive. But the staff were lovely and the cafe didn't get busy until about 11am. But once we drove towards Rye the traffic got really bad!

I live north of the city. I wish there were more Paleo eateries there. Most of them seem to be just south of the city. SIgh

Have fun on the Peninsula!! It's warming up

It was nice and quiet when I went today! :D I think I was out by 10am, not sure, shopping at Bulk Wholefoods after as well :)

I really like the range (and volume!) of Mojo Kombucha they stock as well as Pukka Tea :D

Did well on the shopping front, got everything I needed in Mornington pretty quickly, so snuck in a trip to Wholefood Merchants in Ferntree Gully too, managed to find some organic strawberries nomnomnom. In this heat, I really want some in my water B)

Meal 1:

Paleo Café - Mornington

Compliant bacon, vegetable fritter stack, lemon aioli (ask them to swap the chilli jam for the aioli), microgreens and salad. 

Drink: Compliant fresh almond milk coffee.

Drink: Grateful Harvest Kombucha - Ginger Tumeric

Supplements: Yes (but out of order, silly me, took lunch ones with breakfast)

Drink: Grateful Harvest Kombucha - Ginger

Drink: Mojo Kombucha - Blueberry & Ginger (got a real thing for ginger today!)

Phew, super hot here today, couldn't find a place in the shade for lunch, but haven't been hungry (wonderful big breakfast :wub:) so I think I'll just have an early dinner at this stage and maybe a late mini meal after dinner if I'm still hungry.

Meal 1:

Paleo Café - Mornington

Compliant bacon, vegetable fritter stack, lemon aioli (ask them to swap the chilli jam for the aioli), microgreens and salad. 

Drink: Compliant fresh almond milk coffee.

Drink: Grateful Harvest Kombucha - Ginger Tumeric

Supplements: Yes (but out of order, silly me, took lunch ones with breakfast)

Your breakfast sounds great, your lucky having a Paleo Cafe to go to  :)

Yeah I am, they're not everywhere in Australia. Where I live doesn't have many at all, it's a longish drive to this one, but worth it (if you can get a table!).

Meal 3:

Buffalo Chicken Wings (ghee, Franks Red Hot sauce)

Fried Plantains with Garlic Sauce - sadly mine sneakily turned yellow today in this heat, so they were a bit mushy, but this sauce is awesome! :wub:  :wub: :wub:  

Drinks: Lime & Lemon Mineral Water (mixing Schweppes & Mount Franklin lol)

Looks like it's going to be hot for most of the week :o  B)

I think I skipped logging some fruit yesterday, pretty sure I had little tub of fresh pineapple and one of fruit salad in there somewhere.

Day 8

Meal 1:

Last of the leftover beef curry (hot this time, as it's cool now and will be hot later)

Just under a punnet of fresh raspberries (as I had some in water yesterday too)

Supplements: Yes (slight modifications from naturopath)

Drink: (after breakfast) Coffee and Ayam coconut milk.

Bliss :wub:  it may be about a month since I've had coffee, maybe longer? Not giving up my new tea habit though, but this cup was enjoyed very much.

Erg, think I have a sniffley/tummy bug which is going around. Insane sneezing which is making me feel sick in the stomach.

Drinking lots of mineral water but stomach is a bit iffy. It's hot too :unsure: Thank goodness I ate a good breakfast earlier.

Meal 2 (ish - grazing, protein is not gonna happen and usually I love it):

• Blueberries
  • Pistachio & almond butter
  • Tea

Hoping I will feel better by dinner time.

Late log from last night's dinner.

Meal 3:

Last of the chicken wings (buffalo, ghee & Franks Red Hot)

Panfried yellow plantains (they're all yellow now, bloody heatwave! lol) - they got a bit squishy, more like a mash/hash with the last of the garlic sauce (just mixed it in)

Cold green grapes

Supplements: No (totally forgot)

Drinks: Lots of mineral water

Day 9

Meal 1:

Last of my Rendina's compliant bacon (I got new Paleo Café bacon which is defrosting so I see lots of bacon in my immediate future)

Zucchini, Spanish onion, green capsicum (I should eat this more often, wow! :wub: )

Fresh raspberries

Supplements: No (forgot, got all the stuff out :huh: )

Drink: Morning coffee, how I missed you :wub: with coconut milk

Meal 2:

Cheat meal (prep cheating, totally compliant ;) ) today from the freezer, pulled pork with roasted veggies, slathered in a bunch of Cholula

Not sure if I want fruit, will think about it after meal and coffee

Supplements: No

Drinks:

Raspberry mineral water with fresh strawberries

2nd coffee with coconut milk

Archived