First time ever doing whole 30!

denise.christine

Hi everyone!  I just wanted to take a quick moment to introduce myself.  My name is Denise and I am a 31 year old working in the education field.  I am currently doing my first whole 30 ever!  I started on 1/10/16, so I'm currently on day 3.  I actually had the hardest time on day 1 surprisingly, and feeling ok today.  I do worry that I will get sick of eating certain foods quickly (eggs mostly), but am committed to staying on track!  I have found "The Timeline" very comical and helpful.  I actually seem to be a bit ahead of the curve because I had my first whole30-related dream last night!  I dreamt that I wasn't invited to a party because people thought I wouldn't be able to handle being around all of the non-whole30 approved food and drinks! Haha! 

The main reason I am doing the whole 30 is to hopefully help my body heal and be less inflammatory.  I recently had surgery 3 weeks ago on my hip and for sciatica that I have battling for 1 1/2 years with no relief.  I want to do everything I can to support the healing process from my surgery, and decided that now that I'm off crutches, its time to do the whole 30!  I've been reading about it for over a year and figured this would be the best time to start, especially if I reap some anti-inflammatory benefits and have some decreased pain.  I am already a pretty healthy eater, but was letting the sugar demon take over way too much over the holidays, and really need a reset. 

Anywho, just wanted to introduce myself and if you have any special tips or tricks to being successful on the whole30, please let me know!

Hi Denise, I am new here too. Started yesterday. I am hoping to get some of the same benefits. I have had back issues for ever. I have  never been overweight, but just feel crappy all the time. I exercise, eat healthy, though I do love sugar, and am fairly active. I had two back procedures recently and thought I would be a new person, but I just don't feel great. My husband trains year round for triathlons and can eat anything though its typically not healthy food. It's lots of junk and sweets, so that is my biggest challenge! I thought i would say Hi and hope you have great success!

• Administrators

My husband trains year round for triathlons and can eat anything though its typically not healthy food. It's lots of junk and sweets, so that is my biggest challenge! 

You might want to show your husband the documentary referenced in this link: http://forum.whole30.com/topic/33507-documentary-sugar-crash/

Lots of bad stuff going on in the body even when the exterior isn't demonstrating it via weight gain.  :|

Archived