First Whole30 DAY ONE (The Old College Try)

eavork

So I'm starting the Whole30 today for the first time. I've been on weightwatchers, counted calories, and other various diets before. This one is refreshingly different--I'm actually full after my breakfast (of sweet potato kale hash and eggs, yum)!

I'm 221 pounds as of yesterday and I. Desperately. Want. To. Lose. It. I'm 20 years old and got my thyroid out in August of last year. I am also 5'7 and a young lady. I'm SO FAT. My insides feel cramped blegh.

Is this going to be as terrible as people say it is (especially that first week?) or can I actually be as motivated thee entire time as I am this morning?

Also, I'm a full-time college student, which doesn't help with this whole endeavor. My boyfriend l-o-v-e-s to eat at restaurants and he eats almost all his meals out since he lives on campus. It makes it very difficult to keep a diet (or at least, it has in the past).

Anyway, hi!

30 days is such a small amount of time in the grand scheme of things. 

I've been accustomed over the past several years of eating lunch out, and even though I tried and succeeded most of the time at making decent choices, most of my standbys are not Whole30 compliant. So I've had to pack lunch, and even brought my own food to a restaurant to eat with the rest of my family. You will have to make decisions that feel like sacrifices in the moment, but through those sacrifices, you'll be reclaiming your health. Remember that nothing worth doing is easy. 

Best of luck!

Archived