Starting February 15, 2016

Naz786

Way to go everyone for getting to day 28!!! I am impressed with all you sticking to it even during the tough times.

I am still going as well. My exercise isn't consistent/daily but I will work on that. I am exited to reach 30 days and reward myself with a haircut/new style.

2 more days till 30! Whoo-hoo!

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 28! I did my prep work today! It didn't take that long and then I got my workout in too before dinner! Before I could never have done that after a day's work! My next goal is to be able to do a push up. I've never been able to do one. Any tips? Good luck everyone!

Just keep building upper body strength/core strength and keep trying. I have done P90X (1,2&3) and that is how I was finally able to do them. Now pull ups are a different story...I am still working on accomplishing that one.

I can't wait to hear everyone's NSV's. I am a day behind so I am hoping reading through everyone's will make me think oh yeah, me too. I am a bit disappointed my allergies are still hanging around and there are no changes in my skin so its either not food related or it will take more time.

Have y'all decided which reintroduction route you're taking? I'm honestly terrified of reintroduction. I'm happy with how things are and how I'm feeling.

I'm a little nervous about this too!  On one hand, I've felt so great and am afraid of going back to my old ways, but on the other hand, there are a few things that I can't wait to have again. I think I am going to follow the 10 day reintroduction, but possibly change the order since apparently that's okay to do.  I was reading a bit about it this morning on the forum and got confused, but i think the main point was to do it at your own pace and see how your body reacts to each thing.  We can always go back to 100% Whole30 ways for as much time as we need if something bothers us more than we thought it would. 

This is all coming up so quickly!! I can't believe today is already day 29.

Just keep building upper body strength/core strength and keep trying. I have done P90X (1,2&3) and that is how I was finally able to do them. Now pull ups are a different story...I am still working on accomplishing that one.

Pull ups will be another goal I'll work on later. I've never done P90X. How is it? After I finish Cize, I'm gonna try Master's Hammer and Chisel. Have you heard of it?

Alright, full confession: I weighed myself yesterday. I have really been fearful that I wasn't losing weight. I already knew that there's been NO improvement in any of my health concerns, so have been feeling very discouraged about continuing .

I don't want to discourage anyone here, but the truth is I've gained 2.5 lbs. And I have honestly been compliant. I have posted in the troubleshooting forum and gotten some helpful and encouraging replies, which is nice. But I am so very disappointed. I had even said to a friend a few days ago that I would be happy to stop gaining weight, even if I didn't lose any. I have now gained 14lbs since last summer and I honestly don't know what's going on. 

Now, if I felt even the tiniest bit better, I could possibly handle this and carry on.

I've been talking this over with my sister, who thinks I should give it another 2 weeks. But my concern is that in 2 weeks I still won't feel different and may  gain even more weight. And that's just not Ok with me.

So, I'm pretty confused at this juncture.

I see my Functional Medicine NP in Thursday so will do my best until then and get her opinion.

I am not here to criticize; I would never bash this program as I have seen how well it works for many people. I just want to share where I'm at.

And, now I'm crying again. So disappointed.

Marci

Alright, full confession: I weighed myself yesterday. I have really been fearful that I wasn't losing weight. I already knew that there's been NO improvement in any of my health concerns, so have been feeling very discouraged about continuing .

I don't want to discourage anyone here, but the truth is I've gained 2.5 lbs. And I have honestly been compliant. I have posted in the troubleshooting forum and gotten some helpful and encouraging replies, which is nice. But I am so very disappointed. I had even said to a friend a few days ago that I would be happy to stop gaining weight, even if I didn't lose any. I have now gained 14lbs since last summer and I honestly don't know what's going on. 

Now, if I felt even the tiniest bit better, I could possibly handle this and carry on.

I've been talking this over with my sister, who thinks I should give it another 2 weeks. But my concern is that in 2 weeks I still won't feel different and may  gain even more weight. And that's just not Ok with me.

So, I'm pretty confused at this juncture.

I see my Functional Medicine NP in Thursday so will do my best until then and get her opinion.

I am not here to criticize; I would never bash this program as I have seen how well it works for many people. I just want to share where I'm at.

And, now I'm crying again. So disappointed.

Marci

I'm so sorry Marci. Well think of it this way: if you weren't doing the whole 30 and not eating healthy you might have gained more weight than you did while on the whole 30. You stuck to the plan the whole time with your ups and downs! Maybe your body needs more time. Stay strong hun and Good luck on Thursday!

Day 29! Tomorrow's our official last day! But I'm still gonna keep this routine up even on Wednesday and so on. I don't think I'm going to do the 10 day reintroduction right now since I feel so great. (Maybe I'll try some lentils/legumes and see how my body reacts since I've always been such a big fan of them!)

Before I forget, I just wanted to thank all of you for being there for me. I've never completed an exercise or diet plan and this will be my first and that's because I had soooo much support from all of you! I know I still have tomorrow to go through but wanted to get that out there before some of you leave. Congratulations and good luck to everyone in whatever path you may take! Stay healthy my fellow whole 30ers!

Thanks so much, Naz, for starting this and to everyone else who's contributed.

Even though I haven't been posting much, you all have really been a lifeline for me!

My husband and I feel so much better - and eating this way has become second nature. We've decided to continue with a W30 compliant kitchen after this - which makes me so happy, We will go through re-intro so we know what our boundaries are when it comes to celebrations and eating out. And also it;s St. Patrick's day on Thursday, so I'll need a Guinness - again - a celebration, not a daily ritual :)

I still can't believe we've done this. Well done all!

Day 30!

I am more surprised at how quickly the last week has gone than by reaching the mythical 30 day mark! Thank you to everyone for their posts, even though I have not always been able to write much myself, reading the posts has been a real life line and a prompt to keep going when I would see them pop into my inbox!

I have decided to keep going for now, I am going to go for another 30. The reasons are that although I have seen some major improvements such as sleeping better, calmness, more energy, less bloating and generally feeling better, I still feel like I have much, much further to go. I started this feeling out of control in many areas of my life and my relationship with food was a bad one. Stress eating, emotional eating, food as a treat - I did them all. I have also tried every diet plan there is and nothing has made me feel in a better place until this 30 days. I am still several stone over weight and still have health issues and I think after 10 years of doing damage to my body through diet and lifestyle 30 days isn't enough to repair, it is a great start and I just want to keep going.

I am in a really good place and just know I need longer to reach all the goals and see the impact I know I can achieve,

I am unsure if anyone else is going to continue, but it would be great to keep in touch.

See everyone tomorrow for our end of the 30 emails

Well done all!

So excited to reach Day 30 but apprehensive about moving on.  I too have felt that this forum has been a lifeline for me, as my husband has pretty much gone completely off the program.  Big NSV and and eye opener there is that I notice that he is snacking between meals and talks about being hungry, while I am completely fine for 4-5 hours after each meal.  I used to be just like him and now I don't even think about snacks or food between meals.  I was the person who would get "hangry" if I didn't eat every few hours, and I was quite uncomfortable whenever that happened.  Now I will realize that I am hungry, but I don't have the urge to Kill All The Things whenever a meal is delayed or late.  This is huge for me!  

Not sure how I am doing the reintroduction.  Thinking that I will do a combination between the slow roll and fast track.  I really miss dairy-yogurt with fresh fruit for breakfast was always a favorite.  And, ice cream!  Especially with summer coming!    I too love dark beers, but I know that more than one makes me feel very full and bloated and don't know if it's "worth it" at this point, even if it is St Patricks Day!   So I'm thinking of keeping on Whole30ish, doing the dairy reintroduction, and perhaps a glass of wine.  What are others thinking?

And I'm planning a little shopping trip for a new outfit for a party I'm going to on Saturday as my "reward" tomorrow.

We're almost officially done! We all deserve a pat on the back. I am also going to continue through this Friday and maybe even the following one to round it up to 40 days. I'm still snacking here and there and I'd really like to drop that between now and whenever I decide to end this journey. I'm also not sleeping well like I was hoping. Improved sleeping patterns is one of my main goals and that hasn't happened for me.

I will do a slow reintroduction and switch over to paleo but I need to read more about it. I haven't fully looked into it just yet.

I have to share a recipe that I discovered and prepped this week. I was cautious at first, as pizza was previously swypo / food without brakes for me. But with this, it was so flavorful, so pizza-like, but either the eggs adding the necessary protein to deliver a "full" message, or maybe I'm able to brake...

But here it is, breakfast pizza quiche: http://www.jaysbakingmecrazy.com/2015/06/15/breakfast-pizza-quiche-paleo/

I did accidentally double the garlic and onion powder, and I will from now on :)

Her site has a bunch of W30/paleo recipes.I haven't explored too much, but bookmarked it for future inspiration.

I totally agree- thank you Naz for starting this thread and for everyone that has consistently posted!  I haven't always been present here, but I have been reading and your comments have kept me going.  While I am not going to officially continue, and I am going to follow the 10 day reintroduction, and try my best to live within the Whole30 rules. Even though I have felt SO good over the last few weeks, I do still want to enjoy a nice meal out and a glass of wine every once in awhile. Because of this, my goal is to stick to the plan 90-95% of the time.  If i feel myself slipping...I'll jump back on and do a Whole15, or however many days I might need. 

This is me just being totally curious, but I wonder what percentage of us finished the full 30 days?? It definitely has not been easy, but I'm so glad I stuck with it!!

Good job guys!!! :)  I'm excited to see how well we all did tomorrow

Yes, thanks Naz for starting this thread!  I'm excited to get on the scale in the morning and see the results.  I didn't do measurements or pics before, just weight.  I took a pic this morning and sent it to my daughter.  She said I looked great, so did my husband!  He has been in Amsterdam the past few days and is doing the best he can.  He has to eat out or on the plane so it's a challenge but I think he's doing ok.  He returns home tomorrow, I know he's lost weight!

He probably wants to add alcohol back first, lol.  But I'd rather add dairy I think! 

I feel great, skin looks great, clothes fit great!  I'm a happy girl! :))

Hey All

Well its the end of Day 30 and wow ( i think I can post this now theres no way I'm messing this up in the next  6 hours). I feel very accomplished and proud to have completed this. I am surprised that I didn't find this challenge as hard as I initially thought it would be. I think I just had myself in this mindset before starting that no one and nothing was going to change it.

Many NSV's over the 30 days, to name a few, clear and brighter skin, happier outlook, more energy, significant reduction in daily headache, looser fitting clothing...

Because I am feeling so great and all of my stomach issues are gone I have decided to actually extend this in to a Whole90. At this point the meal planning and prep is second nature. I see no reason not to extend it for a while longer…..hopefully in working with my naturopath and doing the Whole30 I can see many more improvements in my PCOS.

Good job everyone! I know it hasn't been easy for everyone, but we all did great!

WE DID IT!!! Congrats everyone! I don't think I've felt so good in a really long time! I'm excited and nervous to find out weight and measurements tomorrow. I'm going to continue this for as long as I can since the kids' spring break is coming up next week and we don't have anything planned but if something comes up, I want it to be OK. I hope I can call this another round or just make this a lifestyle with occasional splurges. But for now, I'm calling tomorrow day 31 and I'll still be here! Congrats everyone! We made it through 30 days!

15 pounds down!

( I didn't take measurements but I will have to before my next round.)

More importantly I feel great, i'm sleeping so much better, I feel like I can continue eating like this every day.

I'm so impressed with all of us who stuck through this!!!!!

I'll do reintroduction, and then my next round will start Easter Monday. :)

Whee!  We did it!!  I feel such a sense of accomplishment, and I haven't felt this good in years.  Definitely will be keeping Whole30ish as I feel I have more to find out and more to accomplish, maybe doing another Whole30 after Easter.    I mentioned NSV yesterday and they are numerous.  The  scale victories-down 5 and 1/2 pounds, which is half of what I want to lose!  Over a inch lost on most of my body measurements.  After measuring, I then hid the scale and measuring tape again in the back of my closet, where it has been the last 30 days.  Will pull it out again in 30 days.  I never realized how much my mood was tied to the scale and it was incredibly freeing to not have that, instead concentrating on how I feel.  

I hope everyone is as happy today as I am with the progress.  

And thanks to everyone who has posted-it has really kept me going!

Hi All,

Haven't been posting much, but I have been checking in now and then. I lost 4.5 lbs. and an inch off my waist. I'm happy with that. I'm going to keep on going! My skin looks better and I feel better.

If anyone else is continuing are you staying in this group or starting another?

Good luck to everyone!

Congrats everyone for making it! Whoo-hoo!!!

I am down 4.5 pounds as well. Didn't take measurements but pants are def looser. I will be continuing as well after this. Just let me know if we are starting a new thread or staying on this one.

Proud of us all!

SHEESH! Just weighed myself and took my measurements;  

I lost 5 lbs and GAINED 1.5 inches!

This is mildly disappointing because I am very overweight, so I thought I'd have different results.

That said, there are other factors like perimenopause and the fact that I didn't exercise, that might be at play here. I'm not going to get too disappointed in these numbers, because my NSVs include:

• clearer thinking
  • greatly improved quality of sleep
  • steadier mood
  • far less bloating
  • reduced rashes and itchy skin
  • tremendous reduction in joint aches
  • no more constant need to clear throat
  • greatly reduced acid reflux

Combine that with the fact that I was completely compliant during this time (which is huge for me, I am not what you would call a disciplined person), I would definitely call my Whole30 a big success!  Congratulations to all of us for sticking with it and supporting each other. You were a tremendous help.

Archived