Cramps and intense emotions

elovero

Hi All

I'm on Day 2 here - still obviously very early, but I got my period today and I'm feeling totally crazy. Angry, frustrated, and like hyper emotional. I actually considered quitting my job at about 2PM - because I couldn't solve a technical problem. 

I usually lean heavily on sweets and junk during my period, without that snacking I am feeling super hungry, weak and just full of cravings. Is this normal? Any suggestions on how to get through Aunt Flo without going berzerk? 

Thanks

Liz

• Moderators

Eat more. More of everything, but especially be sure you're including a serving or more of starchy vegetables every day right now, and definitely don't be afraid to add fat. Lots of fat. With your supper tonight, have your protein, some green vegetables, and maybe a baked sweet potato with a big ol' dollop of ghee or coconut oil, or maybe cut the sweet potato into chunks, roast it, and have it dipped in mayo. If sweet potatoes don't do anything for you, have regular potato, or some roasted root vegetables like beets, turnips, rutabagas, or parsnips, or maybe some winter squash like butternut, acorn, spaghetti or kabocha squash.

If you have any questions about whether you're eating enough/too much, feel free to list what you've eaten the past two days. Include approximate portion sizes, water intake, exercise and pre- & post-workout foods.

Archived