Starting 2/7/2016

jdall

Jdall, how are you doing? I grabbed an old pair of work jeans, to wear while cleaning out calf's stall, and pulled them on before I realized they were already buttoned and zipped! Guess that means I've lost a little bit of belly :)

I learned a hard lesson this evening. Before I washed supper dishes, I decided to cut up a fresh pineapple to make some chutney to use later this week. I might have accidentally ate several pieces while cutting it. Not only did my mouth and tongue suffer from raw pineapple burn, I had a big fruit sugar crash and took a 2 hour nap on the couch. Ugh!

How wonderful! I don't know if I've lost any weight but I am definitely sleeping better which is a HUGE deal! Menopause has screwed with my ability to stay asleep longer than 5-6 hours. Gotta love those hormones--NOT! I slipped into Fri,king coffee again but after the last couple days I think I'll be backing off. I cut up pineapple once a week and will have a small portion with blueberries at breakfast. It is refreshing and has not triggered any negatives. I'm not a big sweet water anyway. My downfall has always been breads pastas and rice. We love making cauliflower rice and have experimented with adding spices that compliment our meals. Going into the weekend is my challenge--im on day 20 today and will be pushing through! Have a great day!

Have had a rough 4 days--haven't fallen off the wagon but have been sick with some virus. I usually drink lots of tea with honey but not this time. Just sipping on coffee and water. None of the literature talked about what to do when you are sick. A lot of over the counter meds have sugar and homemade concoctions use honey. Any thoughts?

I haven't really checked, because I'm not a big juice drinker, but I wonder if you could mix some unsweetened fruit juice with tea? I hope this passes soon and you feel better! I wo u ld think there would be an exception for medication.

• Moderators

Have had a rough 4 days--haven't fallen off the wagon but have been sick with some virus. I usually drink lots of tea with honey but not this time. Just sipping on coffee and water. None of the literature talked about what to do when you are sick. A lot of over the counter meds have sugar and homemade concoctions use honey. Any thoughts?

If you need medicine, take the medicine. Don't have cough drops or honey in tea, but there are compliant teas that might help something like a sore throat or cough -- I've found multiple brands of Throat Coat teas that are okay, although I've also found brands that are not because of stevia or soy, so do read your labels.

If you have broth, especially homemade bone broth, that can help you feel better.

Eat what you can. If you're just not feeling like eating, try things like mashed potato or sweet potato or scrambled eggs -- or if you do have broth, you could make something like an egg drop soup by bringing the broth to a boil and dropping in a beaten egg or two so it cooks in the broth, that way you'd get a little more protein in.

I'm doing better--just drank coffee and water. Tylenol Cold was okay--does have sorbitol but I only have taken 3 doses. I don't think it kicked me out of the program--i was too sick to want to eat let alone eat anything sugary. I'm not a sugar water anyway--my weakness has always been bread. Today is day 25 and I'm holding fine.

Did you make it to 30, jdall?

We weighed in this morning; husband lost 7 lbs, I lost 8. We've discussed this a lot the past few days and decided to keep eating mostly compliant at home, and giving ourselves permission to add some non-compliant when eating out or away from home. My husband wants a little sweet treat now and then, but not 3 times a day like before we started. We are not buying chips, pop, lunchmeat, and other quick snacks like before. And when I bake, all extras are going to immediately be given to the neighbors!

LoriB--i made it through and am keep going. I'm a little challenges right now because I'm at a conference in New Orleans. I am trying to stay consistent but if I slip I'm not going to get to excited. My goal is to eat this way period. I have felt good. I did lose 5 pounds which was a nice bonus!

Archived