Whole30 + Lent = Whole40!

mariah_papaya

I did a Whole30 back in August and it was a life-changer. I've kept it up, and am pretty happy with how well I'm keeping on track on my own (it's easy when I feel this good!) But Christmas, I had at least some of every forbidden fruit, and alcohol is particularly creeping back in, since I have a super stressful job and that glass 'o wine (or two) is such a release for me. SO! Starting today, I'm back on it. I'll be logging, and doing it all right. I also want to up the stakes a bit, and do more exercise. I had such amazing results on my first round (lost 7lbs) even without doing much exercise. This time, I'm going to try and do *something* every day. That might just be a 15 minute walk on my lunch break, but it's better than nothing.

Day 1: February 10

Meal 1: Two egg omelette with spinach, green onions, tomato, coffee with coconut cream

Meal 2: Tuna salad with homemade olive oil mayo; artichokes, olives, cucumbers, dates, and spinach

Workout: afternoon 6km jog.

Post-workout snack: dates and tea

Meal 3: Roast beef, potatoes, carrots, brussels sprouts

• Moderators

You need to eat more. Two eggs is not enough protein at meal 1. Your post-workout snack offered no help to hungry muscles because it included no lean protein. Given those two things, I am assuming your meal 2 and 3 were too small too. It is important to fully nourish your body to support your metabolism. When you under-eat, you make your metabolism slow down and that retards fat loss. Study the meal planning template...

How much to eat

Archived