February 29 is going to be epic start

momm

This is it guys, from now on no more Starbucks

Okay at least just coffee, after all I have a toddler who needs me awake!

February 29 it's happening, it really is. I haven't been so excited in a while. After I was asked if I was expecting again, that was my wake up call... I'm excited, my sugar dragon is a sugar demon. But it will be finally shrunken down to a petri dish :)

Today will be day 3 for me, I'm feeling a little lazy even during my spin class at 5am. One thing I can't let go is my protein shakes I am doing fruit with kale smoothie, if you feed me at 5am-10am real food I'll throw up. I have been like this for years now. No huge cravings, I'm filling up on meats and veggies. :)

• Moderators

Today will be day 3 for me, I'm feeling a little lazy even during my spin class at 5am. One thing I can't let go is my protein shakes I am doing fruit with kale smoothie, if you feed me at 5am-10am real food I'll throw up. I have been like this for years now. No huge cravings, I'm filling up on meats and veggies. :)

So, for Whole30 purposes, would you be willing to try something different? Instead of a fruit and kale smoothie, make a blended soup from bone broth and vegetables. At least that way you're not getting the sugar hit from the fruit first thing in the morning. Mel Joulwan's Well Fed site has several good soups, I like her golden cauliflower soup (sometimes I make it with roasted butternut squash instead of carrots), but any of them that look good to you would work. This still isn't necessarily a full meal with protein, but it would be an improvement over your smoothie.

Also, the only way you're going to change your ability to eat first thing in the morning, is by eating first thing in the morning. Even if you can't eat a full meal, work on eating a bit of something. The inability to eat first thing could be related to hormones being out of whack. This explains a little about why breakfast is important.

Thank you I'm on day 5 eating 3 meals. I don't finish my last one because I get so full at night but thank you eating breakfast has helped. I take little bites for two hours and that seems to work

Archived