W30 road warrior - day 28

aed00056

I started my W30 on Sept 1 and the time has flown by. I travel almost every day for work so the first two weeks of my journey were difficult since W30 compliant food is not always readily available. I learned some travel tips from the forum and made sure I was as compliant as possible. I'm sure there may have been one or two non-compliant ingredients in something I consumed along the way but it wasn't a conscious decision to go off track.

My goals for this journey were to lower my BP and achieve healthy cholesterol numbers. As of yesterday, my blood pressure was the lowest it has ever been. I'll get my cholesterol checked in a couple of weeks. I know I lost weight just by the loose clothes. All of these things are great but I'm starting to think about the psychological changes I'm experiencing. My general mood seems to be much better even during stressful situations. I think more about the welfare of others. i am more aware of my wife's emotional needs. I'm not saying there is a direct link between W30 and my emotional transformation but there may be a correlation. My relationship with food prior to Sept 1st was a mindless act of consumption. I now pay close attention to the ingredients of everything that passes my lips. I feel that my scrutiny of food somehow transformed into the scrutiny of everything. I now pay closer attention to every relationship. I think the W30 program taught me how to take a deeper and longer look at other parts of my life...and for me that has been a positive side effect.

I'm not yet sure of my approach to post W30 eating but I plan to stay on the program until I figure it out. I bought a small pack of cookies about 10 days ago and planned to eat one on day 31, but at this time I do not have the desire to eat it. The sugar cravings seem to be gone and I don't want the act of eating a cookie to trigger those cravings. I do plan to continue exploring my inner self and I'm almost sure that my mental and physical transformations will be accompanied by a W30-like program.

The W30 program has been a great experience and although I still travel extensively, I now take the time to enjoy every situation.

What great changes. I definitely think there is a link between the whole30 and emotional changes. I also felt like I was better able to handle stress after my whole30. I think it is because what those less healthy food choices especially do to your brain, I found it was almost like a fog lifting.

It still flaws me what a difference this way of eating makes.

Archived