Off the wagon

It happened. Day 17 and going so strong throughout my Whole 30, and I completely fell off the wagon. Gave into the peer pressure and caved this weekend and was completely non-compliant. I know that I can do another Whole 30 in the future, but can't start right now because I have a big trip coming up. I can't help but feel so disappointed that I couldn't complete it, especially since I had been going so strong and had made it so far. I am now paying for my choices both physically and emotionally unfortunately. I wish I could start over now, but just know that that's not practical with my trip. Anyone successfully complete a Whole 30 after attempting to complete one unsuccessfully?

Hey dude, I fell off the wagon way worse than you (4 days in, thanks to insufficient prep, not enough calories, etc). I'll probably be attempting again in the near future. I don't see why you wouldn't be successful the second time just because you failed the first time.

If you fell off the wagon and can't realistically get back on until after your trip, maybe try walking beside it until then, rather than sit on the ground where you fell and let it leave you in the dust?

Why stop ALL the clean eating if it's helped you so far? I failed my first attempt at a Whole30, but that doesn't mean I'm just gonna stay screw it and pop a beer - I'm currently still following all the rules except no dairy (I was way more reliant on milk for calories than I thought, I guess) and I feel super good - brighter mentally and less bloating so far. What I'm doing is NOT Whole30 (as the mods would have you know), but I'm still walking alongside that wagon until I'm better prepared to get back on.

Archived