Whole30 with The Tiny Tyrant and The Tall Man

Collice

Our second Whole30 begins April 1st. This time around it will be myself, my husband (The Tall Man) and our two year old son (The Tiny Tyrant). We've already started prepping the house and kitchen and generally getting ready.

The Tall Man and I made an agreement to set our food budget at $75-$100 a week to feed the three of us. It shouldn't be too difficult, as I will be buying foods that I can use for multiple meals and buying seasonal foods. In fact, I've already started practicing sticking to a strict budget so I don't slip during this process.

I will not be doing a weekly "cook-up" as I am a stay at home mom and will be able to cook every meal fresh and use leftovers for breakfast hashes and easy lunches for Tall Man. The Tiny Tyrant and I will eat breakfast and dinner with the Tall Man and we will have lunch at home while Tall man has a pre packed lunch at work.

We are doing another Whole30 to get back on track with our goals of better health and increased activity plus we want to further instill good eating habits in our son. We are a relatively healthy and active family but we can do better. I like to see the three of us out and about and doing more, maybe even starting to work out.

Well, 13 days to go! On to more prep work. I'll post more as we continue to prepare physically and mentally! Wish us luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm super excited about all of this! I've cleaned ou the pantry, fridge, and freezer. All that's left in the house is the tyrants few pieces of leftover Easter candy. I've been working on my menu plan for this coming up Friday and the future 30 days. Plus I hit two EPIC sales at the grocery here recently and stocked the crap out of our fridge and freezer with wholesome tasty goodness!! Can't wait for Friday! The excitement is building!

So I went back to the grocery today and hit another awesome sale. We are going to have stuffed peppers this week as we lead up to the whole30! I actually got a package of 3 big beautiful bell peppers for a BUCK!!!!! That's an impossible deal where I live! Plus they had sweet potatoes on sale for $.35 a pound so I got a bunch of those. Anyway right now while the Tyrant takes his nap, I've started some green broth that I will use for a giant pot of broccoli soup and I'm finishing the thaw on a turkey breast for dinner whole30ish tonight. Then I shall use that carcass for another giant pot of broth to make turkey soup! So very very excited! Friday is going to be a breeze.

So today I very angrily threw out over half of my spice cabinet! I was astonished at all the nonsense in spices and seasonings! So I got to work making my own spice blends while the ginormous batch of turkey veggie soup was simmering away on the stovetop. Now my cabinets are "clean", I've got quick easy lunches prepped for several days, and my house, family and brain is fully prepped for our WholeApril! Yay!

Archived