Coconut Allergy

Hi everyone! New to the whole 30 and doing my prep this weekend for my first round ever!

What do people recommend as a substitute for coconut because I have a true anaphylactic allergy to it. Also are we allowed mayo with egg in it? I assumed yes because we can have eggs.

Thanks!!

Mayo with egg is fine.

Is it just other fat options you are looking for?

If so you've all kinds of nut & seed oils, compliant bacon, ghee, tallow, lard, olives, duck/goose fat, schmaltz, fatty cuts of meat like brisket or chicken wings (skins on).... Dressings/sauces made out of your compliant mayo.... Lots of other options!!

Thank you!

I was more looking into the "making my own..." Recipes and a lot call for coconut oil or coconut creama. Some I think I can just leave out, but for example making my own mayo can I just replace it with egg?

Yup. No need for coconut oil to make mayo - you can use light tasting olive oil, avocado oil, walnut oil or macnut oil.

Here's the method I use:

http://thehealthyfoodie.com/fail-proof-home-made-paleo-mayo-whole30-compliant/

And you could sub coconut oil for the likes of ghee etc in pretty much any recipe.... Coconut cream/milk it would depend on the recipe, but if there's one in particular you could post it for alternative suggestions...  :)

Archived