Day 27, UTI and Bactrim

Ugh, I'm so sad.  I've been feeling fantastic and so proud of this Whole30 process.      Unfortunately, yesterday I woke up with a horrible UTI, and a completely painful neck.

So now, I'm on Bactrim, which has totally messed with my (what was awesome) digestion, my neck / back / head KILLS, and I"m so tired.   I'd lost the afternoon fatigue weeks ago.

Just feeling really dejected.     I got probiotics, and natural pain relief (no relief found) and guess I'm just looking for some encouragement.

I suspect I need to extend the Whole30 until I feel re-stabilized health / gut / headache / energy-wise.       Thoughts?

Yeah, unfortunately the AB might be hard on the gut but you're taking the right steps in taking the probiotics.

I'd wait until you're feeling as you were pre UTI before attempting reintros....

For now be sure to keep your fluids up & hope you're feeling better soon.

Thanks so much jmcbn!   I'm feeling much better (spacing probiotics in between antibiotics and letting them duke it out).    I'm finishing the Bactrim tonight, which is great.   I appreciate the feedback and good wishes!

Archived