Lindsey's Whole 30 Log

lindzmt22

Day 16.

Breakfast- Banana. Coffee w/coconut milk.

Lunch- Honeycrisp apple with 2 T almond butter and 1 T of sunflower seeds.

Dinner- Paleo cream of broccoli soup w/chicken and cumin-roasted carrots from Well Fed.

Snacks- Coconut water w/pulp, Chai Kombucha, Dried pineapples and mangos, plantain chips and pico de gallo w/avocado. Dessert was raspberries and strawberriers with coconut whipped cream and toasted almond slices and coconut shreds.

Today was awful, so not much of an appetite as I was in bed all day. I was in agonizing pain all day from my shoulder. Apparently it is a pulled or extremely tight muscle that was giving me the chronic tension headaches. Thankfully I was able to get a massage and that helped, but it is still here the next day... (the 17th)

No idea what I did to cause this. :( Going to be sure to eat lots of bananas and drink lots of coconut water; maybe the potassium will help.

Day 17.

Breakfast- Citrus carnitas omelette (2 eggs), with salsa, and 1/4th avocado, cooked in 1/2 T coconut oil. Coffee w/coconut milk.

Lunch- Banana and homemade trail mix. (was on the go)

Dinner- Paleo cream of broccoli soup w/chicken and cumin roasted carrots leftovers.

Snacks- Strawberries and coconut water.

Feeling a lot better today, thank God!!

Day 18.

Breakfast- 2 eggs fried in 1/2 T coconut oil, a Coleman Natural chicken sausage. Coffee & coconut whipped cream.

Lunch- Skipped lunch because I had breakfast so late...whoops.

Dinner- Stir-fry with 5 oz. ground beef, red onion, garlic, kale, green bell pepper, eggplant, and grape tomatoes, cooked in 1/2 T coconut oil and the Best Stir-fry Sauce Ever from Well Fed. YUM!!!

Snacks- Honey crisp apple, homemade trail mix, chai tea, Tazo calm tea, Gingerberry Kombucha, Roasted plantain chips with avocado pico de gallo, fruit salad. PHEW! lol. Lotso' snacks today.

Pain has travelled from my shoulder to my neck now. Ibuprofen is the only thing keeping the pain at bay. Going in to see the chiropractor today (the 19th) thank GOD. Thinking I may need more magnesium...going to try to consume more almonds, cashews, sweet potatoes, and greens...

Day 19.

Breakfast- Ground beef scrambled with 2 eggs in 1/2 T Coconut Oil and the Best Stir-Fry Sauce Ever, with salsa on top. 2 big cups of coffee with 1/2 cup light coconut milk total.

Lunch- Strawberry-avocado-chicken salad with mixed greens and 1 T sunflower seeds.

Dinner- Salmon sweet potato cakes, cauliflower mash and brussel sprouts with red onions and pecans. Omg. NOM.

Snacks- Banana, 4 stalks of celery with 1 T Almond butter and 1 T raisins, 1/2 of an Ambrosia Melon. Pumpkin Spice tea, and Vanilla Sleepytime tea. :)

Today was a pretty good day. Finished reading It Starts With Food (finally!), went and saw the chiropractor (I feel SO much better now) and dinner was absolutely DELICIOUS. I also put on a top I haven't worn in over a month and it is wayy looser on me now, so awesome. :)

Day 20.

Breakfast- Slept through my 1st alarm and wasn't able to cook breakfast; had to rush out the door. :( Had a banana and 2 cups of coffee with almost 1/2 cup of coconut milk.

Lunch- 2 salmon sweet-potato cakes, brussel sprouts with red onions and pecans, and a honey crisp apple.

Dinner- Paleo cream of broccoli soup with chicken, 9 ounces of grilled chicken thighs cooked in 1 T olive oil, mashed cauliflower.

Snacks- 1/2 Ambrosia melon, Sleepytime tea.

10 days left! I am feeling on top of the world! Except I am still having trouble falling asleep. I get really cracked-out feeling, and toss and turn all night. :/ Finally bought a melatonin/theanine combo supplement today; hopefully it helps me sleep. Hope yall are doing great!!

Day 21. 3 Weeks in the bag. Can't believe it.

Breakfast- 2 eggs fried in 1/2 T coconut oil, on top of 2 salmon sweet potato cakes. Coffee w/coconut milk.

Lunch- Was working so not very much....a honey crisp apple and 2 T almond butter.

Dinner- 2 cups mixed greens with 6 grape tomatoes and 1 tsp each of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Bowl of paleo cream of broccoli soup, and 2 salmon sweet potato cakes. (can you tell I made a lot of these?? lol)

Snacks- 1/2 bottle of Superfruits Kombucha.

Had a weird emotional spell after my long day at work today. Just felt like crying for no reason. It's the first time I've felt down and out this whole Whole 30....really weird. I even got 9 hours of sleep last night, (the melatonin WORKED!!) so it's not cuz I was tired. I think I just didn't eat a good enough lunch cuz now that I finally ate some dinner I feel a little bit better. Still a bit down though. :/ :(

Day 22.

Breakfast- 2 eggs fried in 1/2 T coconut oil, on top of 3 salmon sweet potato cakes. Bulletproof coffee with some coconut milk and pumpkin puree blended in.

Lunch- Spicy chipotle all natural chicken sausage.

Dinner- Zucchini pasta with basil & walnut pesto, and grilled chicken thighs; and Creamy Spiced Market Kale from Well Fed. Both DELICIOUS.

Snacks- banana, homemade trail mix, Superfruits Kombucha (8 oz), Pumpkin Spice Tea, Bedtime tea.

I really need to work on making better lunches and being prepared at work....

Day 23.

Breakfast- 2 eggs scrambled in 1/2 T coconut oil, 1 T Walnut Basil Pesto and 2 salmon sweet potato cakes (the last ones!! lol). Coffee w/coconut milk.

Lunch- Uhh....didn't really happen. Eeek!!! I was out and about on an interview and then grocery shopping til the late afternoon.

Dinner- Sweet potatoes, apples and ground beef sauteed with ghee and cinnamon/cloves. Yumm....

Snacks- Homemade Larabar.

Day 24.

Breakfast- Ate a late breakfast so calling it brunch. 3 eggs scrambled in 1/2 T coconut oil, 1 T Walnut Basil Pesto, 1/2 avocado, 2 T salsa, and a Spicy italian all natural chicken sausage. Also had a banana.

Lunch- See above.

Dinner- 2 bowls Chicken tortilla-less soup with 1/2 avocado and cilantro.

Snacks- Homemade trail mix, raspberries with 1 T coconut milk, coconut water, pumpkin spice tea with 1 T coconut milk. Nom.

Can't believe I have less than a week left...I am all of a sudden feeling 'slim', something I haven't felt in probably 9 years. My tummy is definitely a lot flatter now. Crazy!! Awesome feeling. :D

Day 25.

Breakfast- Slept late so calling it brunch again. Savory breakfast casserole from Paleomg, 1/4th avocado, 2 T salsa, and coffee w/coconut milk.

Lunch- see above.

Dinner- Chicken tortilla-less soup with 1/4th avocado.

Snacks- Banana. Ants on a log. Pumpkin spice tea with coconut milk.

Day 26.

Breakfast- Savory breakfast casserole from Paleomg, banana, and coffee w/coconut milk.

Lunch- 1 bowl Chicken tortilla-less soup with 1/4th avocado and cilantro.

Dinner- Well Fed's chocolate chili with 1/4th avocado on top, and a fried egg on top (fried in 1/2 T of coconut oil). BOMB!!!!

Snacks- Homemade trail mix, ants on a log, 3 slices dried pineapple.

Day 27.

Breakfast- Savory breakfast casserole from Paleomg, 1/4th avocado, and coffee w/coconut milk.

Lunch- none... :/ (work)

Dinner- Well Fed's chocolate chili, with an egg fried in 1/2 T coconut oil on top!

Snacks- Honey crisp apple, banana, pistachios, and dried pineapple rings. Lots of snacking at work since it's always damn near impossible to have a real meal there. :/

Day 28.

Breakfast- Chopped cashews, almonds, raisins, banana, with coconut milk. SO good. Coffee w/coconut milk.

Lunch- Well Fed's Waldorf Tuna salad on top of open face apple 'sandwiches'. Yummy!

Dinner- Sweet Potato and Butternut squash soup with ground beef, and a topping of crispy coconut flakes and sunflower seeds. Had 2 bowls. Omfg, so good...I love my fellow whole 30'er/bestie for making this for me. :)

Snacks- Honey crisp apple, decaf americano.

Today was a really delicious day!! It is surreal to see how I am narrowing the finish line now. :)

Day 29.

Breakfast- Chopped pecans, walnuts, sliced almonds, raisins, and a banana, with coconut milk. Coffee w/coconut milk.

Lunch- Honey crisp apple.

Dinner- Tri-tip steak, cauliflower and asparagus with hollandaise sauce. YUM.

Snacks- Tablespoon of almond butter.

Day 30. I MADE IT!!!

Breakfast- Sliced almonds, chopped pecans, raisins, coconut flakes, and a banana, with coconut milk. Coffee w/coconut milk.

Lunch- Bartlett pear. (was busy cleaning/decorating for my halloween party all day)

Dinner- Well Fed's char siu pork, fried cauli 'rice', and coconut almond green beans. EPIC.

I can't believe I did it!! 30 days clean with no slip-ups!! Will post my success story soon. :)

Archived