Beginning Whole30 today! (Oct. 1)

deann_m

Beginning today! I'm sitting here drinking my first ever BLACK cup of coffee! I actually don't mind it too much. Maybe it's the magic of the official start day but every time in the past couple of weeks that I have tried to wean myself from my cream and coconut sugar I have been totally disgusted.

I'm looking forward to feeling better. I've been gluten-free for almost two years now and while I felt so much better initially, my skin and exhaustion issues have been creeping back in and my eczema is really flaring up!!! Not sure if its grains, dairy, or sugar, but I'm ready to get it all out of my system then adding it back in to find the culprit!

I have positive quotes and comments all ready to pull out when I'm feeling frustrated or tempted! (e.g. "Candy Corn makes you feel like crap! It's not worth it!"; "M&M's are NOT your friend. They can't love you back and they won't make you feel less stressed! Go take a deep breath and make a cup of warm tea." ; "Nothing tastes as good and as sweet as peace and freedom feels.")

Good luck to everyone else on this journey of healing and freedom!!

DeAnn

I'm starting today too :)

I was recently diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis and am told I'm facing a "lifetime of medication". I'm an active CrossFitter and am currently not able to continue due to the pain. My coach suggested I check out Whole30 and the posts and forums have already provided so much hope. I'm looking forward to changing the way I eat, feel, and live in a natural way. Here's to day 1!

On a funny note, I had my first cup of black coffee this morning as well and it was pretty good after the third sip. I had bought some coconut milk to use, but I guess that shouldn't be refrigerated? I went to open it this morning and it was no longer a liquid haha. Oh well. Learned something new already:)

Hi everyone! So happy to see fellow October W30-ers! I started my W30 in Sept and decided to continue it this month. Still have plenty to work on -- specifically insomnia, persistent acne, body composition, and hormonal regulation.

Go take a deep breath and make a cup of warm tea."

DeAnn, I love this! Such a good mantra... and inspiring me to make myself a cup of peppermint tea :) Good luck this month!

I'm starting today too :)

I was recently diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis and am told I'm facing a "lifetime of medication". I'm an active CrossFitter and am currently not able to continue due to the pain. My coach suggested I check out Whole30 and the posts and forums have already provided so much hope. I'm looking forward to changing the way I eat, feel, and live in a natural way. Here's to day 1!

On a funny note, I had my first cup of black coffee this morning as well and it was pretty good after the third sip. I had bought some coconut milk to use, but I guess that shouldn't be refrigerated? I went to open it this morning and it was no longer a liquid haha. Oh well. Learned something new already:)

So funny about the coconut milk! I haven't ever refrigerated it, but I've read in recipes that the cream separates from the liquid if you refrigerate it... Maybe the cream is what floated to the top? Lol. I'll have to remember that. Good luck with your W30. I really hope it helps with the RA. Keep us posted :)

I too am starting the WHOLE30 today and looking forward to feeling better and not so tired. I have a two year old and would love to keep up with her more then I already do now. I would also like to fit back into my pre pregnacy clothes. I had a coworker tell me about the Whole 30 plan and here I am. I have created a few things to keep me in check this week meal wise so I think I should be good. My only issues will be Diet Pepsi and Chocolate cravings.

Archived