Day 3 for me

FreshStartMomma

Hello everyone. I'm on day 3. I'm very excited to finally have gotten my $hite together and actually been a Whole30. I have wanted to do it for some time now, but I was, sort of, terrified lol. Giving up sugar and all sorts of "goodies" was something that I didn't really know if I could manage. Having followed a paleo lifestyle food a plan and needing a jumpstart on improving my eating habits further, I decided to do a Whole30 after nearly 6 months of "farting around." I made up a meal plan for two weeks, made a grocery list and a meal prep list. Although I wasn't able to get my meal prep done, I am adhering to the compliant foods list and improvising add I go. Yesterday, of all things, I was really craving a cold glass of milk. I didn't not give in because unlike the Race of the Borg, resistance isn't futile while on the Whole30. (nerd humour)

Things are going smoothly so far. I even made some cocoa muesli and some garlic pepper spiced nuts. I look forward to the results that I anticipate will occur over the next few weeks, especially heightened Spidey senses. After I had followed the paleo diet for a while, my sense of smell was through the roof. Well, good luck everyone.

-TTFN

On day 3, too! This is my second Whole30. I finished my first one on March 22nd, so just a few weeks ago. I am doing a second round because although I had no slips during my first round I ended up snacking a lot on nuts and fruit in the afternoons messing up meal 3 and because we just celebrated my sons 1st communion and with family in town for two weeks I need to detox from all the wine and beer.

I didn't prepare much for my first round either and with three little kids at home there were still non-compliant foods and bevs around which wasn't a challenge for me at all. I live in Germany and have a few grocery stores and farmers in walking distance so I basically shop every day and since we had already kicked out a lot of prepackaged foods a few years ago the cooking didn't change much for me.

My goals for this round are to stay away from snacking, no coffee after noon, more water and more starchy vegetables because I run and row 6 days a week and I am sure I missed out on that before.

So, good luck to us and keep us posted!

I'm on Day 3 as well. I'm finding breakfast to be tough. I've never been a big breakfast eater....usually coffee and toast with jelly or peanut butter, so getting up and making a big breakfast early in the morning is very new. But, I'm managing so far. I made a scramble this morning with diced potatoes, half of an Aidels chicken sausage, and a bell pepper...it really cuts the egg flavor so this is good and maybe I won't get all burned out on eggs so quickly. I need to find more veggies for variety and flavor, but I'm also not a veggie lover.

I am feeling "blah" today...pretty low energy and a mild lingering headache. Dreading going home tonight after work as that is my prime snacking time, but I have a plan and just need to stick to it!

Day 3 as well......yesterday was not a good day, but I made it through!  Felt better today and on track with eating!  As far as veggies go, I'm not fond either, but have learned to roast them and they are so much better! 

Archived