Nina's W30 - Resetting my sails...

habitualpurpose

How are you feeling? Any further NSVs to report?

Hi Katy - Thanks for asking! I think the biggest NSV for me is that I continue to be here, doing the W30 despite temptations. My parents came over this weekend to celebrate my son's birthday (belated) and brought with them a cake made by my mom (historically one of my favorites). Leftovers of that still sit in my fridge and I have not touched any of it. I look forward to getting further in my W30 when the temptations will feel a little less strong.

That's awesome! Last year my whole30 fell over Mother's Day and my second son's birthday. It's the same thing this time as well.

Just thinking about the cake in your fridge makes me twitchy! I'm proud of you!

I'm a little behind in recording my meals.

5/2 - I don't remember what I ate - but it was all W30 compliant

5/3 DAY 16:

Meal 1 - 3 eggs over hard; sautéed zucchini

Meal 2 - chicken salad (with bacon and homemade mayo) on a bed of lettuce and orange bell pepper

Meal 3 - same as Meal 2 (worked in the evening)

5/4 DAY 17:

Meal 1 - 3 eggs over hard; hashbrowns; bacon

Meal 2 - chicken salad (with bacon and homemade mayo) with orange bell pepper and sugar snap peas

Meal 3 - 3 hard boiled eggs; carrots with guacamole; orange bell pepper

5/7 DAY 20 (yesterday):

Meal 1 - 3 eggs over hard, sautéed zucchini, blackberries

Meal 2 - chicken salad over spinach and arugula

Meal 3 - salmon sashimi and sushi roll made with salmon and avocado wrapped in cucumber (no rice!) with coconut aminos for dipping; carrots and snap peas

I haven't been posting the last few days but I am still here and I am still doing W30!!! Life has been busy and I haven't necessarily felt the need to log. Perhaps it's because things are going pretty smoothly.

I'm going out to lunch tomorrow with a friend. I picked the place we're going so that I would know I could eat the food. I've even already decided what I'm going to order. It feels good.

Archived