Starting May 9th - In the UK

Kiki73

Hi,

I'm hoping to be ready to start my first Whole30 on May 9th. I'm in the UK and just wondering if anyone else on here is from the UK and starting around the same date.

Also wondering if there are any recommended UK blogs/websites that give insights where to source certain foods from etc. that are Whole30 compliant?

Good Luck to all those doing the Whole30  :)

Kirsty

Well I made it through my first day. Now part way through Day 2 and have had a stinking headache all morning...don't know whether its weather or Whole30 related. Are we allowed paracetomol?

Kirsty

Hey there

There are quite a number of UK forum members, although I'm not sure that any have started a Whole30 this week.

Take a look at .this thread, for some good info on compliant foods - it doesn't have to be fancy - simple is best.

As for the headache, be sure you are drinking the recommended half an ounce of water per pound of body weight daily, and remember to salt your food - and on the subject of food please don't short change yourself on portion sizes, or fat. Fat is your friend here!!

Any other questions please just ask  :)

Well I made it through my first day. Now part way through Day 2 and have had a stinking headache all morning...don't know whether its weather or Whole30 related. Are we allowed paracetomol?

Kirsty

Hey Kirsty! I started yesterday too and I'm in the UK. I'm on my second Whole30, I did my first one in September last year.

I also had a headache yesterday - I didn't get one until a few days into my last one. For me I think it's sugar withdrawal immediately - I've been hitting it pretty hard lately! I don't have one today so hope you're feeling better too!

I found this blog (https://londonpaleokitchen.com/2015/12/29/how-to-whole30-in-uk/) which had some good advice and useful information. Hope that helps. And good luck!

Archived