Day 4 - Headaches and a head cold?

Hey everyone;

I'm new here and on Day 4 and I've been struggling over the last 2 days with a headache that hasn't gone away and now I have a sore throat and runny nose and a dry cough.  Enough to have kept me away from work today.  Has anyone else noticed illness like this a few days in? 

Also, the last 2 nights I found that I've been dreaming of cheating..and feel awful about it, then I wake up and find that I haven't cheated, and I'm so relieved! 

Any advice on what I could do though for the cold? Throat lozenges are obviously out.  I think I definitely need to up my water intake though. 

Thanks!

Laura

I had a pretty gnarly headache for two days on my first Whole 30. Just hang in there, it will get better!

Do you live in an area where allergies are really bad? I've got a terrible non-food-related allergy headache going right now, along with some lovely, attractive nasal drip and stuffiness. Could be something to consider.

If your throat hurts, Traditional Medicinals puts out a Throat Coat tea that is MAGICAL when it comes to making you feel better! Any compliant teas should help, though, ginger or peppermint if your tummy is bothering you, and I find spicy foods always clear my sinuses out. Chicken soup is also amazing for head colds and can easily be compliant, if you miss it with noodles you could try zoodles in place of! And I added in an orange with my breakfast when I had a head cold for a few days for some extra vitamin C, then stopped eating them when I started feeling better.

Great advice! Thank you! I normally don't suffer from springtime allergies so I automatically assumed the cold was that I was just going through some sort of detox or withdrawal symptoms, lol. I will take your advice on the tea and the spicy food though! Thank you!

Archived