Today is day one!

I tried Whole30 before and bombed out on day 6. My sugar dragon got the better of me and I think I was just trying to make it too complicated. This time around, I took an entire week to plan out all 30 dinners, as well as 5 breakfast and lunch options that will be posted on my cabinets for quick reference. This time around I can also call my SIL when I'm feeling weak. She's in her second round of Whole30 (and my BIL joined her, too). Hopefully this will help, since my husband, while supportive, doesn't understand WHY I'm doing Whole30, despite a thorough explanation (I swear his eyes glazed over as soon as he heard "no dairy).  

I am home all day long with our five children, cyberschooling our oldest two, so prepping meals will not be the issue. The issue will be not eating the non-compliant food the rest of the family is still eating! I've moved all the compliant stuff to one eye level shelf of our pantry and put everything else above eye level. I dunno if that will work, but I guess I'll find out!  

Wow!  Sounds like you have a great family support team set up.  My hubby's eyes glazed over at the mention of no dairy as well.  :)  I wanted to plan my meals out way in advance, but it felt so overwhelming to me.  Now, after reading a bit in the forum, I'm concerned I'm not eating the balance.  IDK.  But, I'm trying to plan at least a week (a general idea for all 3 meals) so I'm not digging in the drawer that has all the junk food in it for my family. 

Good luck!

• Moderators

If you're concerned that you're not getting the meal template quite right, post what you've been eating in a troubleshooting thread (including portions, specific veggies, fats and protein along with meal timing and water intake and we can see if we can help you tweak it so you get the best out of the Whole30.

Archived