Am I Eating Too Much? Here's a sample day

sva

Sometimes I'm still hungry at the end of the day, but I feel like I'm eating plate after plate; the amount I eat is rivaled only by the amount of dishes I have to wash. Here's a sample day (today, day 18). I'd be most appreciative for any comments. I'm especially concerned that I'm getting too much oil in my cooking---I don't deep fry anything, but sometimes it just seems I'm taking in too much fat.

M1

diluted oj

3 eggs

yellow and red peppers

3 new potatoes

a little onion

broc, asparagus, spinach

½ avocado

M2

½ chicken breast, a little salmon

¼ avocado

Cauliflower mash

Salad

¼ orange

a few walnuts

M3

palm-sized grass-fed steak, with clarified butter for grilling

1 cup asparagus

1 cup eggplant

spinach salad with about two big handfuls of spinach, handful of walnuts, sprinkle of toasted coconut, a little red onion.

olive oil on all the veggies and in the spinach salad

Your meals don't look big to me.

If you're still feeling the need to snack then honestly you're not eating enough. You could try upping the fat slightly (half rather than a quarter avocado... olives rather than nuts - I'd suggest you go easy on the nuts anyways - twice in one day will become problematic..... maybe some home-made mayo on the salad rather than oil) which will provide more satiety without adding bulk.

You could also try mixing the protein sources in your breakfast - many people report improved satiety when they mix eggs with another protein source, and breakfast sets the tone for the rest of the day...

You could of course up the protein which will give you more staying power, but this could make you feel too full....

Play around with the eggs at breakfast, and the fats at the other meals and see how you go.

I'm pretty active, getting to the gym every other day, and daily PT exercises and various things around the garden and house. 

THanks, JMCBM. I've started adding olives and have cut way back on the nuts, and adding a little more protein. And definitely doing the pre- and post-workout meals. 

Archived