Do I need to start over after eating at a friend's house??

Last night, we went to a friend's house for dinner and although I did casually mention the Whole 30 beforehand (not in depth, but I gave them the gist of it), I think I might have eaten off-plan (gluten free) grain in the meatloaf (oats?). I am on day 6; does this mean I have to start over?! I did not want to come off as an a$$ and demand all of the ingredients before eating. This is my third Whole 30 (the last 2 were very successful), so I am pretty much well disciplined in what to eat/what not to eat.

I think I fall somewhere in #4 or 5; I made a gentle point beforehand to my hosts, but not too strong in that I was offending them. I also did not expect them to completely revamp their menu on account of me (it was for someone's birthday, and I would have been more demanding, had I say, a real honest to goodness food allergy)...so I think I will just continue on as planned and move on. Like I said, this is my third round in a year and I know how to handle myself and my cravings, so this was a situation that was hard to control (I usually avoid eating out or going to peoples' homes for dinner while on a Whole30).

Archived