W30.04

WholeDave

Day 133 - travel day. Not much in the way of prep (except for the chicken salad ready to go in my bag for lunch and the tuna and the biltong and the banana). I'm staying overnight in a hotel so I will have to hunt for my food tonight. It's a big wild city Sydney so I'm sure I'll find something to throw into the open camp fire :blink:

Yesterday was wall to wall veggies - bacon, eggs, veggies for brekkie, tuna+veggies for lunch and then a grilled chicken salad with loads of kale and other assorted veggies. I think I've sprouted a small green shoot from behind my right ear lols

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 134 - smashed after an enormous day. Started with boiled eggs and veggie plate at 5am. Then had my chicken+salad I had brought to Sydney. Had little bits of biltong and a small number of pistachios during the day. Finished with some antipasto and a seafood/veggie stir fry at the hotel for dinner. Passed out about 10am.

Hooked into the hotel breakfast this morning (bacon, little sausages, eggs, tomato, mushrooms) after swimming laps in the pool. It was a pretty small pool so I spent more time turning around than swimming! lols

Day 135 - this travel thing is not that easy. Nothing from breakfast until I managed to grab a vegetarian wrap thing at 3pm. Non-compliant, although it wasn't a wad of bread! Got back home about 7:30pm. Dinner was much needed baked pork chops, sweet potato and salad. Bed.

I will be travelling now 3-4 days/week as I've taken over the combined Sydney & Canberra operations of my company. Wonderful promotion and recognition which I'm very proud of but also a lot of significantly hard work ahead. My nutrition will be critical to success. I'll be staying in hotels to start off with which won't be easy from a food perspective. I need to have a think about what I can do to stock up/prep for the coming week.

Days 136 - 140 - celebration day!! Where do I start - Sunday was good, Monday was ok. Tuesday was travel, yesterday was great and today is better! :)

I'm currently in Sydney, flying back tomorrow night. Hotels are difficult but I found a supermarket and filled up with salad stuff and fish (tea smoked trout, herrings). I've been starting breakfast out - yesterday was a wild spinach salad with eggs & bacon. Lunches have been out as well - Japanese beef yesterday, a Vietnamese pho without noodles the day before. Then for dinner I've been making fish + salad in my room. The only thing I'm missing is complex carbs like pumpkin, sweet potato etc.

I've also been running the past couple of days - across the Harbour Bridge and back yesterday, and around the Opera House this morning. My legs are feeling it but my fitness isn't too bad. I haven't been swimming because on Monday morning I sliced the front side tip of my finger and nail off while prepping breakfast :blink: It's actually not too bad, I didn't go too deep and I've been treating it well. But no swimming at least until next week.

Work is crazy and I miss my partner who is now into her 7th month of pregnancy. Not long now!! I've been keeping my spirits up, living monk-like, working long hours. The bits of outdoor time have been important.

And I'm still on the Wxx journey! Sustainment! :)

Day 142-143 - getting a bit out of shape again. This travel thing is playing with my rhythm! Home Friday night to a lovely dinner. Yesterday was the home cooked breakfast I was looking for - scrambo with bacon, pips, tomatoes. Lunch was grazing on leftovers from Friday night - cevaps, cabbage salad, potatoes. Dinner was a bbq - chicken, pork, roast veggies, salad. BUT I had a couple of glasses of wine with dinner, and then some caramel tart afterwards. Soaring off the cliff! I just need to get it back together, again :(

Driving back to Sydney today, this time with my partner. We'll stay and work Monday-Tuesday then drive home Tue night. Wed in Canberra then Thu-Sat I am flying to Melbourne and to a place called Lorne for a sales conference. All over the place I'm afraid. I will do my best to stay compliant and exercise as much as I can to keep myself focused.

Day 144 - back in Sydney. Breakfast was bacon, eggs, piperki, tomatoes, avocado, cucumber. Delicious! Lunch was salad and roast beef. Dinner was an Asian dish in the hotel with prawns and chicken. 

This morning I did my 3.7k run across the Bridge and back. Not a bad view!

Days 145-146 - life's a whirl. Back in CBR after two mind-exploding days in Sydney. Nutrition is not great due to no organisation. Sitting here this morning enjoying 3 boiled eggs and salad, much needed! Hoping to swim tonight now that my finger has healed and then run while down at Lorne from tomorrow through Saturday. Crazy crazy. 

Trying to eat as well as I can but it's not easy! I'm still not off the cliff in my flying suit though so let's keep it that way!!

Days 147-150 - celebration day! Although to be frank there's not much to celebrate. The conference away the past few days was a write-off in terms of Wxx. No dietary options, loooong periods between meals, not enough food (unless you were quick) - all pretty outrageous. I didn't do well so now it's time to reset.

What I did manage was a 6k run yesterday around the wild hills of the Great Ocean Road. Spectacular and much needed. Feeling pretty good from it this morning. Looking forward to getting back in the pool (my finger has healed really well) and eating some fresh clean food!

Day 151 - fresh food finally - stuffed my face with veggies and salad all day. Breakfast was various cooked elements - piperki, mushrooms, eggs, bacon. Fresh toms, cucs.

I then waited an hour or so and cranked out 30 laps of the local 50m pool. Tuna, tom & cuc for post-WO meal.

Early afternoon was another salad frenzy together with herrings. We had family over late afternoon - a mezze of different pieces - olives, some meats, carrots, celery. Dinner was a greek roast lamb with garlic, oregano & lemon plus potatoes and more salad. Demolished!

3 hours ago, WholeDave said:

Day 151 - fresh food finally - stuffed my face with veggies and salad all day. 

I do love how veggies become the new cravings and comfort food! I sure do know the frustration of trying to stay compliant while traveling and how getting back home to the normal whole 30 routine is such a relief ; I've been doing a lot of that lately myself. Unfortunately travel that is not my excuse for the compromises I've made this past week.!:blink:

Your commitment to exercise is impressive to me. Keep up the good work!

Days 152-155 - aaaaand back home again like I was days ago. Moooostly compliant across the week - it's tough being a road warrior but warrior I am. Wed night dinner was two cans of tuna and two yellow bullhorn chillies. Yes that's weird. Last night was an awesome homecoming baked chicken maryland, potatoes and salad frenzy.

I managed a 6.7k run Wed morning - under the Sydney Harbour Bridge, around the Opera House. Beautiful at 5:30 in the morning. Looking for another run today.

Tomorrow? Well tomorrow we're off on our babymoon to Palm Cove in Far North Queensland for a week of ab-sol-lute-ly nothing except lounging by the pool, sleeping, fresh food, swimming, lounging by the pool, rinse, repeat. To say we're a little excited is an understatement!

So happy for you! 

You are indeed a warrior and such an inspiration for the rest of us.  I can only imagine how beautiful your morning run is.  Good motivation to thoroughly enjoy your exercise.

Enjoy your babymoon - you deserve it!  :D

Oh boy, we dont usually go this long without hearing from Dave and I wondered for a second if he's okay... before remembering he's probably more than okay, doing ....

On Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 11:08 AM, WholeDave said:

... ab-sol-lute-ly nothing except lounging by the pool, sleeping, fresh food, swimming, lounging by the pool, rinse, repeat.

To say I'm a little envious is an understatement!

Lol. Hope you're having a great time. It sounds like it's a much deserved vacation. I will have to find some fun this week as well.... I'll let ya'll know when I figure out what :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Day 172 - back on the air after a joyous baby moon plus another week in Sydney. I think I'm officially in freefall - my Wxx journey has been derailed by a lack of structure and ability to shop and plan. The upside is that I've been riding/running/swimming regularly which has been fantastic. 5k runs mainly, two in Sydney last week, and two on our baby moon. Plenty of swimming while on holiday. A couple of MTB rides in which I came off (twice), scraped my calf once, and bruised both elbows :blink:

So back to the drawing board - small steps. Doubling down on breakfast at the heart of the journey. I've been mostly compliant on lunches. Need to cut out the bits of bread that have crept in plus the rubbish snacking.

Focus!

Archived