starting again-June 14

violetta

I started a complete whole 30 yesterday.  I wasn't sure if I could do it again, somehow it is harder now although I was eating pretty much compliant since my last in November.  I "only" have to give up cream, yogurt,a little cheese, blue cheese dressing on my salad, occasional gluten free beer, and occasional rice crackers or white rice.  I have pretty much not eaten any other non-compliant food since November.  But those are the ones I really wanted back after November.  I woke up in the middle of the night with hungry stomach pain, I don't really know if that was coming on so I started or if began because I gave up the yogurt and other dairy.  We will see in a few days.  I did have lots of stomach pain last time for a couple weeks until I got used to it.  My cooking is really easy now, it seems to be second nature especially with my husband on board mostly this time. Anyone else starting a repeat Whole 30 yesterday or today?  It seems quite different from doing it the first time, I don't know if it will be harder or easier.

I find myself having to make all sorts of little decisions today.  Do I really need to some cream in my coffee?  Do i really need yogurt for breakfast?  Whereas, last time I was truly committed and rarely thought about other food. And I am remembering all the stomach pain I had last time and nausea at first.  Will that happen again?  I do already feel less pain in my hip and elbow joints.  And I lost 14 pounds last time, I don't think I could possibly lose that much again but even some would be great, almost to the size I want to be.  

I have decided to wait until my stomach is more stabilized to try again. And after camp, I just want to focus on fun at camp and will have enough trouble just keeping grains out of my diet, the dairy and added sugars are just too much.  I would be in the middle of KILL ALL THINGS at camp and that might be tough on the campers.  I do seem to be doing a lot better pain-wise just by removing the little bit of rice I was eating and cutting out the occasional gluten free beer.  I have lost some weight or at least size in the last few days. I upped the fat level too and that helps to make it through the night, by eating a lot of avocado.  

Archived