Newly pregnant w/ baby #2, not sure about Whole 30

I was thinking about doing Whole 30, I got the book and everything then I just found out I'm pregnant! Yay! I want to eat healthy but I'm concerned about cutting out milk and whole grains, mainly I like brown rice. My last pregnancy I had gestational diabetes. So I want to eat healthy from the beginning so I don't get it again! Any tips??

Hey there - I've replied to you in the thread below regarding your concerns about cutting out dairy. Cutting out grains shouldn't be an issue as you can get starch from vegetables such as sweet potatoes, plantains, turnips, white potatoes etc.

As far as gestational diabetes is concerned I know that some people are pre-disposed to it, but diet CAN help, and the increase in protein & good fats should be of nothing but benefit to you, with the three template meals (And mini meal if required as your pregnancy progresses) really helping to keep your blood sugars stable.

http://forum.whole30.com/topic/11-is-the-whole30-safe-for-pregnant-and-breastfeeding-women/page-3#entry399771

Archived