Autoimmune & feeling bummed

I have been plugging along just fine without eggs, tomatoes & nuts. Those are the things I cut out from my normal foods to fit into protocol.

Well this morning I was looking at slow cooker recipes & became very sad at the thought of no tomatoes for meatballs, no chili and all these other recipes I would of tried before becoming so aware of my insides. So now I'm feeling bummed out.

Lets list all of the positive things about being autoimmune.

1. At least we are aware & will be eating the very best foods for our body. (That's all I've got for right now)

As someone who elected to not do the AP despite suffering from psoriasis, I am very jealous of people whose conditions are now in remission.

I chose to live a life with chill, tomatoes and aubergines (eggplant), and to use occasional topical steroids to keep my psoriasis in check, but I may well take 3 months later on to undertake the AIP in order to get off the steroids; I'm just not ready to give up nightshades yet.

Another good note: once your condition is in remission, you may be able to reintroduce those foods.

Another good note: once your condition is in remission, you may be able to reintroduce those foods.

This is what you really should focus on ... I follow AIP, and have been able to reintroduce all but eggplant, potatoes, and I'm still on the fence about tomatoes.

But I love not having my face break out (eczema), my digestion continue to progress along instead of grinding to a halt, and not having terrible joint pain.

• 3 weeks later...

My totally vain reason for loving the autoimmune protocol is super soft, perfect skin with no breakouts for the first time ever in my life. I can't get over it. Every time I look at an almond I imagine my face breaking out and I steer clear... haha!

Also, having way less Hashimoto's symptoms than I used to is a plus I guess... :)

Archived