Water Timing when Bathroom Breaks are Limited

MamaShan

Does anyone have tips for timing their water intake when they have limited access to the bathroom?

I am a teacher and I can only get to the bathroom at 10, 11:30-12:30, and 1:45 (plus finishing school at 3:15) for a pee break. I find if I'm drinking the amount of water I'm supposed to, I feel like my bladder is going to burst. After years of dealing with "a small bladder" I always make sure to use the bathroom within minutes before each break or recess ends.

Asking a coworker to cover for me is not an option, either no one comes to relieve me or they make fun of me for ages afterward.

Is it okay to make my water intake heavier after 3, or do I NEED to have it evenly spaced?

• Moderators

It doesn't have to be evenly spaced, but having the bulk of it after 3 pm would cause some people to have to get up in the night to pee, affecting their sleep, so keep that in mind.

If you're not used to drinking this amount of water you will notice an increase in going to the bathroom at first but after a while it should even out as your body gets used to it.

Also, coworkers who would make fun of you for a natural bodily function are beyond immature. Ignore them.

Archived