Beef stew recipes?

1Maryann

I've got a ton of stew beef and I want to make several freeze-ahead batches. I'm planning to add onion, celery, tomato, and carrots. I have in the past used purple-top turnips as well. How does kohlrabi do? Any other ideas? I like to make dishes with as wide a variety of vegetables as possible. What else holds up to slow cooker stew without getting mushy?

I've got a ton of stew beef and I want to make several freeze-ahead batches. I'm planning to add onion, celery, tomato, and carrots. I have in the past used purple-top turnips as well. How does kohlrabi do? Any other ideas? I like to make dishes with as wide a variety of vegetables as possible. What else holds up to slow cooker stew without getting mushy?

I put everything and anything in my beef stew (even weird things like Kale and asparagus), but I don't put everything in at the same time. I just read a recipe that uses Kohlrabi in place of potatoes, so I think that's a good one.

I am making beef stew tonight.. onion, garlic, spinach, mushrooms, carrots, celery, tomatoes, and I had one lonely sweet potato in the pantry so I added that too.

Archived