Can't find templates on Whole30 site

Joseph Spellman

I'm beginning to plan my Whole30 journey and I thought it would be lots easier to follow a template than try to recreate the wheel. In the book it said go to the pdf-downloads page to grab some templates but when I went to that page I didn't see any. It had some very general information and a before and after workout suggestion -- no templates. I'm probably missing something - could you tell me what?!

• Administrators

Haha, no worries. If you are on a mobile phone, the signatures don't show up. (I changed the title of your thread to the correct spelling, I didn't even notice that!)

Try this link:  whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf

• Administrators

Oh, ya, that doesn't really exist in the way you were hoping. Basically we want you to create your own meals that contain 1-2 palms of protein, 2-3 cups of veggies (more if it's salad greens) and 1-2 servings of fat. You will tweak this combination until you get to the point where you are getting about 4-5 hours between meals. You can do this in so many myriad ways, there is no one prescribed way.

That said, if you have the book as you mentioned above, there is a 7 day meal plan in there to get you going for the first 7 days. Take or leave what you want from that. If you like the idea of someone providing suggestions of recipes (you still have to make sure you flesh out the meal to include all aspects of the template), you can hit up Mel Joulwan's website, she has four weeks of meal suggestions and how to do a "weekly cookup". Google "Mel Joulwan weekly cookup" and you'll get lots of info.

Edited to add: there is a new service called "Real Plans" that has a Whole30 feature and is endorsed by Melissa Hartwig. I'm not sure how that business relationship works but I saw a training video on how you can use it and it looks like it would work great! There is a subscription involved (no clue on cost) but I think you can get a 10 day free trial. That might help too.

Archived