I start my Whole 30 today!

kathleen237

Day two completed. Was feeling some 'carb flu' symptoms--fatigue, irritability. On the plus side, I haven't had restless legs now for two days! This is something I've dealt with daily for the past three years, and usually take prescription meds for. So that's exciting.

I think I may be using a little too much ghee though, on my vegetables, so I'm going to reduce that today. Also, I'm snacking on raw almonds between meals and am going to make more of an effort to stick to three meals.

A challenge today--I'm going out to eat at a middle eastern restaurant with a co-worker. I plan on having a salad and shish-kebab.

We can do this!

If you're snacking from hunger in between meals then I wouldn't cut back on the ghee just yet - you actually need fat for brain health, for energy, and for the transportation of fat soluble vitamins around the body - it also provides satiety.

Don't forget to ask about cooking oils etc when you're eating out today - and bring some kind of a dressing. No one likes a dry salad..... Good luck!!

Day 3 was challenging. Started out feeling pretty good and energetic, but by 5pm felt like I could go to bed for the night! Just really tired. I did go out to the Middle Eastern with a friend, had lots of salad(oil and vinegar dressing) and checked how the lamb kebab was made--olive oil and herbs.

Any advice on picking up my energy level would be appreciated! I work full time, and it has been hard.

16 minutes ago, kathleen237 said:

Any advice on picking up my energy level would be appreciated! 

A couple of things will help with this:

Fat - fat is your friend here. As per my post above it provides both satiety & energy (a nice, steady slow release) so embrace it.

Salt - sodium intake can drop by around 70% by switching to a whole foods diet so remember to add it to all of your meals or you'll soon start to flag.

Water - a half an ounce per pound of body weight, daily.

It WILL get better as the days progress and your body fully adjusts.......

Archived