Roasting Frozen Vegetables

AceOfSwords

Does anyone have recommendation for how to roast frozen veggies? Or other suggestions for deals with frozen veggies other than steaming?

I am new to cooking and got some frozen veggies for emergency-ish use and so I don't need to worry about things going bad while I adjust to a new eating schedule.

Like do they need to defrost first? How do I adjust the cook time if I can start from frozen.

6 hours ago, AceOfSwords said:

Does anyone have recommendation for how to roast frozen veggies? Or other suggestions for deals with frozen veggies other than steaming?

I am new to cooking and got some frozen veggies for emergency-ish use and so I don't need to worry about things going bad while I adjust to a new eating schedule.

Like do they need to defrost first? How do I adjust the cook time if I can start from frozen.

Hi- I lay mine out frozen on a jelly roll pan lined with parchment paper.  It's not necessary, but it saves time and energy on the cleanup. I mix cauliflower, broccoli and Brussels sprouts and some cut up onion- I like that veg combo.  I drizzle with avocado oil- toss on salt and pepper and usually garlic powder.  Or, use a spice blend you like.  Roast in a 400 degree oven for 45 minutes or until the desired level of brown you like.  Oh, and I stir the m all up 1/2 way through the cooking time to get all sides even.  

Archived