Day 5: Name just 1 thing that's better since starting

CDNTraveller

So, it's the morning of DAY 5. So far I haven't noticed anything significant in terms of cravings, or problems (apart from REALLY having to plan & prepare food, and make time for this, and reading SO many food labels). BUT the awesome Whole 30 Daily Newsletter, which I'm really enjoying, suggested doing this today: "one thing that is significantly better now than it was just five short days ago". 

And for me the one thing that I notice is that I'm IN CONTROL again. I'm not scoffing down mountains of sugar & carbs and then looking/buying more. It's a great feeling to feel like I'm controlling the food instead of the food controlling me!

ONWARDS & UPWARDS!

I'm only on D4, but I woke with good energy this morning.  Unfortunately I have workman here at the house installing my cooktop so I have not been able to use my kitchen or eat any breakfast and I'm hungry.  I was able to have a bullet coffee this morning.  Are you sleeping better?  I'm not and hope that changes soon- I need a full nights sleep.

Good Luck

Today is Day 6...definitely less bloat, happier (with myself), and just generally feel better in my gut. Yesterday, Day 5, was a multi-nap day so tired. But I woke up with more energy today. This past week when I started I was off work and staying at home. So next week when I go back to work will be more challenging. Preparation is key to success, I know that. But also, managing my work-life balance. Actually, that should read life-work balance as my life comes first!!

Hi Caroline... 

I think I am having your Day 5 -- on my Day 6. I'm really tired... not the 'yawning' kind of tired, but when you just don't feel like you have enough energy to do much. I went to my usual gym class and actually left after 5 minutes... it just didn't feel 'right'. Trying to honor my body and how it's feeling. I also feel quite hungry today - not in a craving way... just sort of empty! 

LOVE the "life-work" balance correction. I going to adopt that! LIFE comes first... (tough as I'm a teacher & it's the first day of school next week so am crazy busy...)

Thanks for your comments!

Christine

Good Morning - today starts the official #SeptemberWhole30. I started last week since I was off work - took a stay-cation - so today is really Day 8. I feel really good. Things "inside" are really starting to work properly (didn't want to provide TMI). I made it thru a challenging Sunday at a friend's pool party. Lots of my favorite beer...that was the tough one. But I stayed W30 true. Very proud of me.

Here is my M1 for today...hash of roasted sweet potatoes (in CCN oil), and sautéed sprouts, onions, and bell peppers in ghee. 2 eggs fried in CCN oil and 2 homemade pork sausages (recipe from Well Fed). It was Yum!

Good luck to you all!

Caroline

M1 R1D8.jpg

Day 5 for me: One good thing is that I most definitely feel less bloated. Also, I hadn't thought of this, but luke CDNTraveller, I too feel more in control and not subject to the awful, irresistible pull of binges. And that's got to be a good thing. I am however feeling extremely tired (been yawning all day) and even had to go to back to bed for half an hour after sorting out my daughter for school as I was exhausted. I'm hoping this will change soon...

Morning!

Caroline that breakfast looks delicious. 

Ele, feeling tired will go away, give it a few days and enjoy your sleep, you will feel so much better. 

Day 8 and I ran a mile today and Saturday morning. I haven't ran in months!! I have noticed a change in mood, my anxiety is less. This has been a problem since March, not being able to keep it under control and eating in excess bc of it. Not only is it less but I am not using food to manage it. Big NSV for me! 

I hope everyone haa a great Labor day. Good luck to those starting today!

Also on day 5..  maybe I'm over excited but I can think of several changes which I'm grateful for:

1.  Last two nights I was exhausted by a reasonable hour and slept like a newborn.

2.  As mentioned in an above post: I feel in control again.  I'm doing this solo in a household of food-pushers.  It feels great to say (& know!), "I won't" instead of "I can't have _____."  I deserve to see the outcome of a 100% effort, & believing that has cleared my perspective.

3.  My choices have inspired small improvements in others'.  I posted the Whole30 rules on the fridge (mainly for my own good) but I've been asked many questions daily and have witnessed more fruit and veggies purchased these past days.  Whether that lasts or not tho, who knows.  But I'm grateful (:

I'm excited to see what good is yet to come!  Best of luck to everyone on their journey

@CoffeeBean  I love the notion of "I won't" instead of "I can't have"!  It reaffirms that we're making a positive change by nourishing ourselves with real food rather than depriving ourselves of anything.  It's a reminder I really appreciate today (day 8) when I have a stomach ache and all I want to eat is an almond croissant.  Thank you for the pick me up! 

I'm only on day 2 but I already feel a change. One of my problems in the past has been stress eating. Normally on stressful or super busy days I allow myself to indulge in impulsive eating. I say I'm too tired/busy to cook my own meal, I will just have some of the kids foods and start tomorrow. Well today was just a super busy, crazy day for me. I ended up getting my kids pizza for dinner because I didn't have time to prepare by the time they eat. Mind you, pizza is probably my #1 vice. Well even though I got home haggard, starving and exhausted I did not touch their pizza (except for wrapping ans freezing the leftovers). Not a crust, not a pick of cheese- nothing. 

Archived