The Whole 30 and kidney disease

Really, your medical doctor knows best. I'd stick with whatever guidelines they've given you. They trump Whole 30.  Some do Whole 30's almost exclusively on ground turkey. GF Beef is definitely heavier.  I just checked a kidney menu,  it was egg whites, white fishes and some poultry but your doctor reigns supreme here.

• 3 months later...

I am starting tomorrow, 12-12-16. 

I also have kidney disease (IGA an autoimmune disease). So for me anything that promotes/feeds inflammation harms my Kidneys.

As a result of IGA I leak protein -- normal would be below 100. My levels are in the 5000's. Several years ago when I was first diagnosed, I went gluten free for a year. My numbers dropped to 3500. I then went Paleo (no sugar, grains, legumes, dairy) and my numbers dropped to 1250. Not perfect but enough to where my doctor stopped talking about autoimmune drugs. 

NOW, due to family illnesses over the last 2 years, I have back slid to my old eating habits and my numbers are back to 5000+. 

Thus Whole30! Knowing how food affects my body is my motivation. Thinking "diet" does nothing but conjure up food wantsssssss. I have to know when I take a bite, how that bite is damaging me. 

To your question about protein. I have to limit my protein to 6 oz per day as well as lowing salt intake.  Usually I have my protein for lunch. Some times I may have bacon for breakfast and then a small portion of chicken for dinner with my salad.  It is very doable but takes planning ahead. When I don't plan, I slip up.

Hope this helps. You are not alone!!!

Archived