Resting Heart Rate Unusually High?

Sarah Anne

Hi everyone! I'm on Day 9 of my whole30. I've noticed a higher heart rate at a given perceived exertion on my runs- I expected this and have been scaling back my workouts considerably during my whole 30. I've only run 3 times, 3-4 miles each VERY EASY in these 9 days, and done a couple core sessions. My resting heart rate is typically low- 35-40 bpm, but today I could just feel that my heart was racing even when just sitting around. I took my pulse and my resting heart rate was 70bpm! I know in athletes this is often a sign of over training, but I am clearly not overtraining. Has anyone else experienced this??? Anything I can do to fix it?? I am ok with fatigue and slow running to start, but this is making me a little nervous about continuing.

Thanks everyone, My sleep isn't good (I have 3 little ones under 5), but that is typical for me (no impact on RHR in the past), and my stress levels are pretty good. I am eating until very full, but I think that perhaps I wasn't eating enough carbohydrate. I've increased it over the last day or two and have seen some improvement - not back to normal, but getting better! I am still very elevated compared to normal during exercise though...

Archived