Restless leg syndrome tips?

Good morning.

I'm on day 15 of my Whole 30--and the first week, my chronic restless leg syndrome(RLS) disappeared. I've been on medication for years, so was very excited. Unfortunately, it is back.  I think it may be sugar/vegetable oil related.  The first week, I was using nothing but sea salt, then switched to table salt, thinking I might need the iodine. As you know, there is a small amount of sugar in table salt--I thought perhaps that's why the RLS came back.  I also noticed after eating out at a restaurant--where no doubt vegetable oil was used--it returned. Has anyone else had success in eliminating or improving this condition on the Whole 30?  I do take magnesium, and am eating lots of iron-rich food. Perhaps, as well, I'm overdoing the coffee a bit. Four cups a day instead of the recommended 2.  Ah well...a work in progress.

• Moderators

You should search on "Whole30 restless leg syndome" because there has been plenty of discussion of the topic already. 

Here is a good article on the topic - https://chriskresser.com/4-little-known-causes-of-restless-legs-syndrome/

The dextrose in your table salt has nothing to do with RLS. 

Vegetable oil promotes inflammation and could be a problem. When you are eating out at a restaurant and doing a Whole30, you have to ask about the cooking oil used. Soybean oil or peanut oil or corn oil would mean you are starting over on day 1 of a Whole30. 

Archived