Sick, cramping, Gas, Headache after every meal

connij

I am coming into my 4th week on Whole30 (I did my first one in January  2016). Starting about 10 days ago I began having stomach pains, nausea, some gas and headache after some meals. I thought it might be something in that meal so I wouldn't repeat that food. It progressed and it doesn't matter what the food, I am now  having this after every meal. It doesn't start for about an hour. Needless to say, I am now feeling nauseous just about all day long.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I am not sick all night long and I don't wake up with it, just after meals. I have NEVER had a sensitive  stomach so I am baffled about this.

• Administrators

Sorry you're feeling ill. What you report does not align with normal Whole30 symptoms, especially not 3-4 weeks in. You should probably see a doctor.

I'd suggest you list out the food you've been eating and the symptoms but you say it happens after every meal and you're never repeating foods. Common stomach disruptors are nuts and their products, coconut products, cruciferous veggies (brocoli, cauliflower, sprouts), raw veggies. You might also be inclined to look at a FODMAP list and see if you are eating a lot of the red-light items, you may have reached your limit with FODMAP.  The "traffic light" list in this article might help.

http://www.thepaleomom.com/modifying-paleo-for-fodmap-intolerance/

Archived