When to start my whole30???

Cat2727

I have been in need of a whole30 reset for quite awhile and have attempted one twice with no success. I have been living with my inlaws while renovating our new home and moved accross country. I have found it very hard to start and stick to a whole30 in someone elses home. We should be moving into our new home in a couple of weeks and I would love to start a whole30 then but almost immediately after our move my mom will be having major surgery which I will be helping her through. I am thinking that it will be much to stressful to start one through that time. Then comes the holidays. I know this sounds like a long list of excuses but I was wondering if it is worth starting a whole30 lifestyle as soon as I move into the house knowing that there will be bumps in the road or I'm open to any other suggestions. I really know that what i really need is a full reset but I'm just having a hard time figuring out how to make it work in the current environment of my life, i.e. quite a very stressful time in my life. Any help, suggestions, support would be greatly appreciated. I realize that I cannot take care of others if i'm not taking good care of myself. 

Hope your ma's surgery is successful, and that she heals well!

You know yourself best.  As long as you earnestly want to do it, you can do it wherever or whenever!  It's only 30 days, and if you meal prep (fridge and freezer stock) you could possibly make it by with ~10 days of bulk cooking.  If you explained to your in laws what the whole30 is about and why it's important to you, you may even get them to jump on board!  Don't worry about being in their home, as long as you clean your tracks (oh so many dishes) or share some bangin' recipes I couldn't imagine them feeling anything negative about it.  (Think of the roles reversed, wouldn't you want to aid/host your guest to feel comfortable & happy?)

Or maybe aim for a whole7 here, and a whole14 there, etc.  It's not a full reset, but more palpable doses you can accomplish through the rough waters.  Best of luck to you, your family, and your home.  You can do whatever you set your mind and heart to.

Archived