Laura B Whole30 #2!

Laura B

Day 14

Breakfast: napa cabbage, sauteed broccoli stem/carrot slaw, 3 eggs, 1/2 guac pack

Lunch: 2 hot dogs, small cucumber/tomato salad w/OO & Balsamic

We are going to my parent's friend's house today to watch the Falcon's game. I have no idea what kind of food they will have as I have never met these people. It should be interesting since my parents don't really "get" the Whole 30 even though I gave my book to my mom. I think another reason I have started it is to control myself from emotionally eating & drinking.

Looking forward to a nice day with my parents.

Dinner:

Baked salmon, steamed sweet potatoes, steamed frozen veggies & sauteed onions and some poblanos from our garden. (not a huge fan of them...)

Day 15

QOD: “People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing – that's why we recommend it daily.†- Zig Ziglar

Breakfast:

Steamed frozen veggies, 3 eggs, gucamole pack

Lunch

Big salad: 50/50 mix, cherry tomatoes, carrots, a few olives, chicken breast, guacamole. Some roasted pumpkin & a microwaved apple

CF Fundamentals:

Practiced pike push ups. Made me attempt a handstand push up...was on my head LOL. Then we practiced front squats where I discovered that I am a sandbagger big time on back squats...Hit a PR of 120 for the BS (so I should only be able to do like 80% of this on FS), we did 5 sets of descending reps (54321) and I went from 63-103 (for 1). Coach made me add 20# and I failed. But I LIKE failing! I know I pushed myself beyond what I am capable of doing. So now I have to go harder on the back squats.

I also started a spreadsheet for my strength progress. B)

Then we did a quick 15-12-9 of

Front Squats (63#)

Pull Ups (Green Band)

7:00

Dinner:

Braised napa cabbage, radishes and some tomato basil sausage from trader joes. Mashed sweet potatoes on the side. Oh and I ate a baby honey crisp apple while I was waiting for it to cook. This dinner was GOOD. And I really took my time eating it.

5ae5f200222611e2822f22000a9f09ca_7.jpg

Then BF opened a jar of his homemade jalapeno hot sauce! It was really tasty!

78f6172a222611e28d1322000a1fb079_7.jpg

Day 16:

QOD: The chief cause of failure and unhappiness is trading what we want most for what we want at the moment. - Anonymous

Breakfast:

Frozen steamed veggies, 3 eggs, 1/2 avocado

Lunch:

Big salad: 50/50 mix, cherry tomatoes, carrots, a few olives, chicken breast, guacamole. honeycrisp apple

Dinner:

Made Cauli Rice Stuffed Acorn Squash via PaleOMG: http://paleomg.com/cauliflower-rice-stuffed-acorn-squash/ with some steamed baby spinach on the side. THen ate an apple.

Used 1/2 a head of cauli and added like 4 shredded carrots. DIdn't have coconut milk and did not add apples. It was really good. I think Acorn is my favorite squash!

4721386822e611e2a9dd22000a9e29a7_7.jpg

Day 17:

QOD: â€The quickest way to double your money is to fold it over and put it back in your pocket.†- Will Rogers

(Speaks to the shopaholic within ;) )

Speaking of shopping, I have been good! I did order a couple of T-shirts that I got for free for volunteering at the CF competition a couple of weeks ago. I had to pay for shipping, and wanted to order before I lost the codes. I DID place a bid on a sweater on eBay...but I LOST. So I am abstaining...I just love eBay...Really gotta save my money, plus I seem to have a lot of warmer clothing, so I should be OK for a while :)

The BF's parents are coming to visit this weekend so I do have to buy some new pillows for the guest bed, but this is more necessity than want. I actually don't want to spend money on pillows, but I digress...

Breakfast:

Sauteed carrots, yellow squash, onions and green pepper, 1/2 avocado, 3 eggs, small apple

Lunch:

Salad (duh): 50/50 mix, cherry tomatoes, carrots, 1/2 chicken breast, some leftover beef/cauli/carrot mix from last night, wholly guacamole and:

bbf30fa8237811e28c261231381058f1_7.jpg

An Asian pear or apple pear. I don't know how I feel about them...they don't have a ton of flavor and they are almost too juicy.

Had a snack of a carrot & some sunbutter.

Dinner: Ground beef sauteed Mexican style with onions and peppers and a lot of chili powder, steamed okra and baked sweet potato.

Day 18

QOD: There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle - Albert Einstein.

Breakfast:

Steamed frozen veggies, leftover beef/cauli mixture, 1/2 avo 3 eggs

6f17390e241611e2854522000a1f9e45_7.jpg

I have had no problem deleting all of my shopping offers from my inbox each morning. But this one snuck into my Inbox and it is such a good deal! I can't rationalize spending $30 on coconut butter, though... http://www.tropicalt...ut%2BCream#sale

Lunch:

Salad: 50/50 mix, cherry tomatoes, carrots, shallots, 2 hot dogs, guacamole, small apple with sunbutter

Snack: Gave in to office food...an orange! :lol: There are still 3 more of those guys left! Of course the candy and crackers from last week are gone. :rolleyes:

Dinner:

Beef stew from paleomg. Made a few changes...added parsnips and just used regular sliced mushrooms. Also added about a quart of broth, wanted it a bit more soupy. It was really good. I mashed a sweet potato in the bowl and ladled stew on top. Yum.

a28a582a247511e2ab5722000a1f9684_7.jpg

Day 19:

QOD: “I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.†- Bill Cosby

The BF's parents are coming to town today! This will be their first time to GA. They are driving down from CT. I am pretty excited for them to come visit. We've got the house all clean. I think we did a good job spacing it out, too. I am learning that you don't have to clean the whole house at once! And MAN is our garage spotless. Seems like that boy of mine is trying to impress his pops! Doesn't bother me a bit! ;)

With their impending visit, I have been a bit nervous about my W30. I will definitely eat W30 at home and as best I can while we are out. I know we will go out to eat probably 3 times, and we are going to the Falcons vs. Cowboys game Sunday night. I started to write up yesterday that I wasn't going to hold strong to my W30 and even considered drinking. No more. I will definitely not drink, and I will do my best to eat W30 while we are out, but I will not worry about it. I'll do the best I can while they are here, and do strict W30 after they leave until the end! I think we are celebrating my dad's and my birthdays Sun 11/11 (his actual bday)...so I will probably cut my W30 2 days short officially.

OH! Last night in fundamentals I was talking to my coach about Halloween candy and he said he ate a bunch and felt like ass since he never eats candy. I said I didn't eat any b/c it's too full of crap and I'm in the middle of a W30. Then my fundamentals buddy was all "Ohh what's that??" and then he of course was all "OMG what do you eat?? Fish??" LOL He was into it though! So fun to talk about it with people who are interested. :)

Breakfast:

Sauteed yellow squash, onion, parsnips & collard greens

53919b5824e211e2a2e022000a1faf45_7.jpg

Lunch:

Salad of butter lettuce, cherry tomatoes and wholly guacamole, bowl of beef stew, apple

Dinner:

Shepherd's pie & green beans

Ok...so my whole 30 turned into a Whole 19.5. I am OK with that.

Yesterday, I had a nice compliant breakfast of: 3 eggs, yellow squash, carrots, onions & collards with 1/2 an avocado and a small honey crisp apple.

Then we went out with BF parents and had lunch at whole foods where I had a delicious compliant lunch of S&P chicken wings, a small salad with some greens, shaved zucc, cashews, raisins, some broccoli, a few cherry tomatoes and a small side of fruit (grapes, pineapple chunks and strawberries)

Then...I had a glass of wine when we got back to the house. We went to a nice steakhouse with my family (the parents meeting!) and I had a house salad (had cheese on it...i didn't eat the croutons though!) and a small filet with a sweet potato (that had butter on it) and more wine. It was really good. Really a great dinner with my family and Craig's parents. I think it was a timely decision. :)

So...I think I am going to just call an end to my W30 as I did pretty great. I still eat W30 at home and I think I did a good job prepping myself for the holidays. I think it is time for me to relax, now. Not with my habits, but mentally.

Archived