WHOLE15 - With no eggs :O

Teddie

I am starting a WHOLE15 tomorrow, 11/7 in an attempt to reset my system. I completed a WHOLE30 October1 and even though I followed the program to the letter, I did not see much improvement in my osteo-arthritis. But then we were eating eggs every morning.

I don't eat beef or pork, so it looks like I will be eating ground turkey every morning. Are there some good recipes that will make this palatable? Any help with food ideas will be really appreciated. (and of course, no tomatoes or white potatoes....)

T:)

• Moderators

Do you eat fish at all? That would give you some more options.

For ground turkey, you could make some breakfast sausage -- this recipe calls for pork, but just ignore that and use the spices as a starting point (personally I don't think fennel has a place in breakfast sausage and would leave that out and up the sage, but the recipe gives you a place to start and some measurements to use if you're not comfortable winging it).  You could either form the sausage into patties, or just cook it the way you'd cook any ground meat. Then mix your sausage and some sweet potato or turnip or parsnips or other root vegetable, some kale, some mushrooms, onions and bell peppers if you like them, and whatever seasonings you like into a hash, or mix the meat into a creamy soup (this is a good one).

Archived