A New Year, A New Me! Starting Jan 2

Wendy726

This will be my first go at Whole30 and I am excited and nervous!  I think I can do it though, about 2 years ago my Dr had me on a strict Candida diet for 4 weeks and it was essentially the same thing.  I can't wait to get started, but more so to get through it!

The official Whole30 on Facebook is doing a January 2nd start so I am looking for a great group to do it with in the forum.  I already signed up for the JanW30 with the free "Wholesome" email subscription and asked for some more W30 books for Christmas.  I am just looking to get all my accountability in place so I will be ready. So WE will be ready! Go Whole!

13 hours ago, Loo Loo said:

The official Whole30 on Facebook is doing a January 2nd start so I am looking for a great group to do it with in the forum.  I already signed up for the JanW30 with the free "Wholesome" email subscription and asked for some more W30 books for Christmas.  I am just looking to get all my accountability in place so I will be ready. So WE will be ready! Go Whole!

How do I find out more about this?

• 3 weeks later...

Is everyone getting busy today with Day 1 of your Whole30? Start with lots of water...and single ingredient meals until you gain confidence.  For example, I had a tangerine, some oven roasted sea salt almonds and 3 fried eggs in ghee for breakfast...here we go!

I started mine yesterday, but today I had the Italian Meatball Soup out of the new Whole 30 Cookbook, and it was DELICIOUS!  I highly recommend it.

I did my first Whole 30 (whole 56!) back in August then on and off up until the holidays.  Very much glad to be back on track, and everyone's enthusiasm is so inspiring!

Wendy726, did you get started on your first W30? :) ChiggerCane, Day 2 here we come, you can do it! :rolleyes: Suncat7, W56, WOW! :o I made the classic chili recipe last night from the other whole book but I am looking forward to diving into the new whole cookbook I just got for Christmas. :wub: I should start with the Italian Meatball Soup! ;) Nothing like a good January new year resolution to start 2017 off right! We have a plan and we do not plan to fail! :D

Loo Loo - I am really hoping I can stay committed to this and have a successful Day 2.  And Day 3...and so on.  I also jumped on the other Starting Jan 2 thread -  there are a LOT of people there!

Suncat - I am impressed - 56 days!  I hope to find your commitment!

I need to find the soup recipe you mention.  I was browsing NomNom Paleo's website last night planning in my mind.  I cooked up a batch of chicken thighs using the basic Well Fed directions on Sunday.  Had to tell my husband those were 'mine' for lunches ahead this week and were not to be eaten just 'to eat them up'.  He left today for work for the rest of the week, so I am hoping to have some time to get more cooking/prep/organization work done before he comes back.  I will need to learn to share 'my' food!:)

Ha ha! We are a family of 5 and I have trouble sharing my compliant food too! I told my husband not to touch the little freezer containers I have been stock piling from one pot meal dishes I've cooked.  Hopefully some day my entire family will Go Whole! I will check out the other 'Jan 2 start thread' too, thanks.

Archived