1st Whole30 starting 12/27/16

perceivingperdita

Day 32! Today was much better than yesterday. Got up ate the last of the crummy leek, broccoli and potato soup, thank goodness. I am never making that again. Ever! I had some olives with it. I forgot to bring a hard boiled egg to work today so no late morning snack. At the time I normally eat lunch, I stepped off campus and ran to the float to put my beads on it for tomorrow. I am not carrying those heavy bags to the float again. I got back and had leftover complaint meatloaf hubby made last night for dinner, butter nut squash, half an avocado, and green beans for lunch. Then ran into a meeting. After work I stopped and got some liquid eyeliner because Pirate ladies need their eyeliner to go with their costumes. For dinner I made garlic lime chicken, which I have not made in YEARS. It was so good. I ate that with roasted zucchini, butternut squash, and olives. 

So tomorrow I sort of go into reintroductions as I plan to drink alcohol. As we speak, hubby has gone to the liquor store to get me some Patron. I am not usually a tequila drinker, but I think it is the best choice for the parade. I just can't drink wine all day. I don't want to drink any grains or very sugary liquors. I can have a shot of tequila while I am drinking water and really space my shots out over the long day to pace myself. I am bringing a ton of food with me, too: ahrd boiled eggs, leftover chicken, olives, an apple, lara bars, spinach salad, sweet potato. I am ready food-wise. My costume is ready. I wanted to do my nails but at this every moment I am thinking I may not. I am really looking forward to tomorrow. It is so much fun. 

So here's a question - and it may very well be rhetorical - since I have completed my W32 and am moving into reintroductions should I stop using this log and start using a log on the post W30 board? I need to think about it. I like this thread since it has my history. I am kind of attached. But I am finished and maybe moving is like graduating? IDK. I will mull it over. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Made it through the parade! I only drank the Patron. I only ate the food I brought with me. I had a great time. I got a nice buzz but didn't get too drunk. I had so much fun  with my girls.  I cannot tell you at this time what exactly I ate but I brought a bunch of compliant food with me and that's all I had. Great day! The next parade is in 2 weeks - the Knight Parade - and I hope to be through reintroductions by then.  

So I was so bummed that I only lost a few pounds but this morning I measured my waist and I lost 5 1/2 inches!!! That makes me feels so much better. I think I will start an Post W30 log on that board. I hate to leave this one but it seems like it's better to move. Time to graduate to a new log. 

4 minutes ago, perceivingperdita said:

So I was so bummed that I only lost a few pounds but this morning I measured my waist and I lost 5 1/2 inches!!! That makes me feels so much better. I think I will start an Post W30 log on that board. I hate to leave this one but it seems like it's better to move. Time to graduate to a new log. 

Wow! That's terrific! Drinks (fizzy water!) all around!

You can link to your Whole30 log in your signature if you want to keep it handy when you start your post-Whole30 log.

Archived